Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anybody else seem to have numerous problems with samsung fascinate.
bcblaylo
I got my fascinate last november and have had a lot of issues with it. I noticed around two months after purchasing it that I did not send or recieve texts and did not recieve all my voice calls. After talking with someone at tech support I was told this was an issue with the phone and that I could exchange it with a "new" phone. I went to the local store and was told that this was not part of verizons policy and they would not do it. After numerous customer service calls I was told that even though they knew the tech person I talked too could be identified they could not contact him by phone to confirm what I had been told and would not honor what he had said. I find it weird a phone company can not communicate between call centers by phone. After many calls to customer service I was told I would basically have to settle for a refurbished phone. I was also treated very rudely during these conversations. Needing to actually be able to use the phone I purchased I had to settle for this option. My phone now still has issues, I have to charge it more than once a day among other issues. Due to my past experiences with verizons "award winning" customer service including the one I just mentioned I find it pointless to try to resolve the issue with them. I also find it pointless to remain a customer when my contract is up and would warn others from becoming a customer.
0 Likes
Re: Anybody else seem to have numerous problems with samsung fascinate.
NuDroidUsrr

bcblaylo wrote:
I got my fascinate last november and have had a lot of issues with it. I noticed around two months after purchasing it that I did not send or recieve texts and did not recieve all my voice calls. After talking with someone at tech support I was told this was an issue with the phone and that I could exchange it with a "new" phone. I went to the local store and was told that this was not part of verizons policy and they would not do it. After numerous customer service calls I was told that even though they knew the tech person I talked too could be identified they could not contact him by phone to confirm what I had been told and would not honor what he had said. I find it weird a phone company can not communicate between call centers by phone. After many calls to customer service I was told I would basically have to settle for a refurbished phone. I was also treated very rudely during these conversations. Needing to actually be able to use the phone I purchased I had to settle for this option. My phone now still has issues, I have to charge it more than once a day among other issues. Due to my past experiences with verizons "award winning" customer service including the one I just mentioned I find it pointless to try to resolve the issue with them. I also find it pointless to remain a customer when my contract is up and would warn others from becoming a customer.

Are you having issues with your phone other than text and phone calls? How often do you pull the battery out? I do a weekly battery pull (unless the phone hangs, which is not that often) just to clear the OS out. This has helped quite a bit in battery life, things working/not working, etc.

0 Likes
bcblaylo
I have other problems such as it doing a screen capture when trying to turn screen off, the phone freezes a lot, sometimes the phone will freeze while getting a phone call, phone will powers itself down, dropped phone calls, 3g network is very slow almost everywhere that I use it. I will try taking the battery out once a week and see if that helps appreciate your response.
0 Likes
NuDroidUsrr

bcblaylo wrote:
I have other problems such as it doing a screen capture when trying to turn screen off, the phone freezes a lot, sometimes the phone will freeze while getting a phone call, phone will powers itself down, dropped phone calls, 3g network is very slow almost everywhere that I use it. I will try taking the battery out once a week and see if that helps appreciate your response.

The other thing I would try before you give up all hope is to do a factory reset. Granted, you will have to setup all your apps again, your email, etc, but it should be an option to try. I have not gotten that far in any of the upgrades to do one, but I have always kept it on the back burner to do if the problems get too bad.

Just remember that if you choose to do a factory reset, back up any data you want, contacts, text messages, etc before you do it. A factory reset will wipe your phone to complete base 2.3.5 Gingerbread, just as if you got a new phone from Verizon, and you had never used it before.

Hope these suggestions help.

0 Likes