Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
Droid_Does_XXX

I am going through 2 batteries a day now before it was 1 a day. Not sure what they did but if you are having the issue post here.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

Droid_Does_XXX wrote:

I am going through 2 batteries a day now before it was 1 a day. Not sure what they did but if you are having the issue post here.

Something is definitely wrong unless you having everything running all the time. There has been many post on this forum to check if you are having severe battery issues and your is definitely serious..
0 Likes
Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
velazja84

my battery life is much worse since the update

0 Likes
monwarsec99
Contributor - Level 1

I only updated yesterday morning but include me for the moment. It may change and get better, who knows. Since the update the biggest use is the display (66%) when it use to be standby. I stopped using the animated display and now just have a pic. I wonder what it is about the display that changed?

0 Likes
micp879
Enthusiast - Level 2
Mine was much shorter the first day or two after the update, but after a few charging cycles its now pretty much back to normal.
0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

micp879 wrote:
Mine was much shorter the first day or two after the update, but after a few charging cycles its now pretty much back to normal.
Here is a good tip on how to preserve battery life http://lifehacker.com/#!5795796
0 Likes
lee811g

Count me in!  Charging at least twice per day.  Before 2.2 was charging every 24+ hours.  All of a sudden the screen seems to be using a ton of battery life, but using same exact settings as before.  Phone stand-by battery usage has also increased.  Lots of other bugs since the update.  Waited so long for 2.2....(sigh) :smileysad:

0 Likes
leipy57

Same here - upgraded my Fascinate to 2.2 and now my battery life is at most 6 hours if I am not using it!  

0 Likes
Not applicable

We have been receiving numerous complaints about the battery life after the Froyo 2.2 update.  We are looking into this issue heavily, and will post any updates we can once we hear back from our product development team.  In the meantime, please look through the postings by our fellow community members and follow the battery-saving tips. 

Thank you for your patience regarding this matter.

0 Likes
dcc829

FINALLY SOME ONE WHO IS ACKNOWLEDGING THE PROBLEM!!!!

Before the 2.2 update i could go one and a half to two days without charging my phone. Now I'm lucky to get eight hours out of it!! My phone is completely dead halfway through the afternoon, and thats just from being in my pocket during work and not even being used!! 

I updated on Thursday night and immediately noticed the difference. I called into Verizon on Sunday afternoon and the woman acted like I was crazy and making it all up. She was very condescending and told me that I was lucky to have gotten so much out of my battery before, because the average smartphone only lasts 6 hours on a charge. I explained to her that I don't even use my phone all that much. Mostly just for texting and E-mail. She stuck to her answer that the phone should only be lasting 6 hours and said they have had no other complaints about this. 

I was not at all satisfied with that answer so I went into the Verizon store that evening and the manager did a factory reset, and said hopefully it would solve the problem. 

It did not make the battery life any better, and somehow managed to cause the vibrate function on my phone to not work at all. So Monday night I called back and had my boyfriend speak to them because I was so fed up with getting the run-around.  The man that he spoke to also said that the battery on a smartphone lasting more than six hours is unheard of. He also said that they had not had any other complaints about this problem. He suggested that I leave my phone on "airplane mode" to get more battery life out of it. What good is a phone on airplane mode?!?! I might as well get an iPod touch and save myself $85 a month!!! And do they really expect me to believe the majority of people are charging their phones two and three times a day??

I just don't understand how they think it's OK to say "that's just how it is" and expect us as customers to be alright with it. 

I sure hope they really are working on it, because a phone with a six hour battery life is unacceptable.

0 Likes