Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
AJWilk

Thank you, Mike.  Hearing from Verizon that you are aware of the issue and working on it is a big help. 

0 Likes
Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
telveer
Contributor - Level 1

For the first few weeks after I upgraded to Froyo (factory reset), I had dismal battery life. I tried all standard options (turn down brightness, turn off wifi, bt, gps, disable animations, remove live wallpaper, etc) but to no avail.

I then went to my account sync section and noticed that Hotmail was set to sync very frequently. There were two Facebook Syncs too (one FB account was for the widget that came with Fascinate and the other was for the Facebook app downloaded from Marketplace). After disabling autosync for all but my gmail and marketplace fb, I noticed that my battery life improved drastically (even better than 2.1). I also heard that 2.2 takes a week or so to learn about the system and improve battery life. Whatver the case, my phones battery life is phenomenal now. My current usage pattern is as follows

• ~2 hours or Pandora per day streamed to my car audio over BT
  • ~25 mins talk time
  • Atleast a couple of photos with flash every day
  • About 30 minutes of browsing time
  • About 30 minutes of Facebook time
  • About 30 minutes of email time 

At the end of the day (after 15 hours without charge), I still have about 75% charge left! I could not believe it initially but after seeing this consistenly for a week or so now, I am truly amazed. My only gripe now with Fascinate is lack of front facing camera!

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello fellow community members,

I would like to provide some causes for the battery issues and some solutions. They are notated as such below.

Issues affecting a battery's charge

·        Signal strength and coverage.

·        Switching between 3G/4G and 1X

·        Switching between Verizon Wireless and Extended Network

·        Roaming

·        Battery age.

·        Verizon Wireless recommends replacing the battery with a new manufacturer approved battery once per year

·        Lack of use.

·        Non-voice services usage.

·        V CAST Video or other video services (Youtube, etc)

·        playing music 

·        VZ Navigator

·        Push To Talk

·        internet access

·        Media Center (Get It Now)

·        Messaging (TXT / PIX / FLIX / Mobile IM / Email)

·        Bluetooth and/or wi-fi

·        applications running in the background

Tips to help improve battery life

·                    Keep wifi/gps/bluetooth off when not needed.

·                    Keep your brightness settings at auto (at least) if not a lower setting.

·                    Avoid using Live Wallpaper’s as these use more battery life. (Use darker backgrounds as these require less use of the screen.)

·                    Avoid apps that tend to require using a lot of data connection (or keep them off when not needed.)

·                    Reduce the sync intervals on your accounts (i.e. Google, Facebook etc.)

As always, you can check you settings on your phone. Go to Settings > about phone > Battery Use. This will give you a break down of where you are using the most power. From there you can decide what to adjust. As always, you can get additional assistance for your individual device at www.verizonwireless.com/support.

Hope this helps…

0 Likes
annoni
Enthusiast - Level 3

I upgraded to froyo yesterday. This morning at 8a, I put a fully charged battery into my phone this morning and now, 4:39p my time my battery is almost spent. I got better battery use out of my thunderbolt. Sure hope this issue gets resolved soon.

0 Likes
93glide

I cannot believe how fast the battery depletes with 2.2. I actually went and bought a second wall charger to keep at work for

that mid afternoon charge that is now needed.

0 Likes
annoni
Enthusiast - Level 3

ArnettH_VZW wrote:

From there you can decide what to adjust. As always, you can get additional assistance for your individual device at...

Hope this helps…

It really doesn't help because the thrust of this thread is that we have all been getting much better battery life with the same device. The only thing that has changed is the software update that included froyo. Can anyone explain why I get less battery life out of my Fascinate after the s/w update than I got out of my thunderbolt?

The thunderbolt is  a 4g device with a bigger screen (and a bigger battery) that is reputed to get really bad battery life, Yet the Fascinate is now exhibiting less battery life. I am only getting 8-10 hrs of battery life and I'm not a heavy user. Formerly I would get a day and a half out of a single battery. The Thunderbolt would give me just shy of 24 hrs on a single charge. While your post gave us some good information, it seems to offer a minimally ineffective work-around... far from resolution.

0 Likes
chefmn2001

I'll also Jump onto the list...after the update I have MUCH less battery life and also have the Display using up about 71% and have no idea why...have phone in lowest setting for brightness, wifi off, GPS off, and background data off also... Would love to have a fix for this stuff soon

0 Likes
pdqcarrera

My battery life was miserable with 2.1 before the Froyo update and I've noticed no change for the worse with Froyo.

I've never been able to go a full day without a battery swap, but then all my communications are run thru the phone (voice, email & txt) + web access. So, I'm not surprised. I plug in whenever possible yet have 1 extra regular battery and 1 XL for backup. One is always on the charger stand and a reserve in my briefcase. 

0 Likes
Aftershock
I agree with this statement 100%: "My battery life was miserable with 2.1 before the Froyo update and I've noticed no change for the worse with Froyo."
0 Likes
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2

Heed the above tips.

I would also suggest doing a "battery bump".

I broke down and did the factory data reset after the Froyo update, and also did the battery bump.  Only loosing about 9% of battery overnight, roughly 12hrs since last charge.

Phone signal strength is a battery killer also.  If you are getting a weak to no signal, switch to airplane mode if you can.

Ed sends

0 Likes