Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
crshinn
Contributor - Level 1

My wife and I both have Fascinates and ever since the update to 2.2 we both have to charge my phone during the day even if we don't use them.  I went on a 3 hour bike ride one morning after having the phone charging all night long.  When I was done with my bike ride the battery indicator was in the red after not having even touched it. That's just ridiculous.

Hey Verizon - you might want to update your battery standy time on the Fascinate page by removing the "1" and the "2" from "312

" hours to make it just "3".

Battery

• Usage time: up to 420 minutes
  • Standby time: up to 312 hours
0 Likes
Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
onavy9queen

I totally agree with you! My phone has to be charged multiple times a day- and it dies immediatly if I should dare open an app. My phone sits on my desk and I just use it for minimal calls and texting throughout the day. It NEVER got to the point of being in the RED bar  dead battery zone before the upgrade- and now it does it everyday. The upgrade changed my screen display settings back to over halfway bright, so I changed that back to the lowest I could go (which is still bright) and that hasnt helped at all. I also lost the SILENT action on the volume. I now have to go and press the power button to put it on silent, but the phone CLEARLY says it is on vibrate. This is ridiculous. I too could get through multiple days with this phone, now it seems like every time I get a text or open the screen- the battery dies a little more. This problem needs to be RESOLVED now. Verizone posted that this is was SOLVED- but it clearly isnt. Just becaue you reply to a customer's post VERIZON- doesnt mean you SOLVED ANYTHING!

0 Likes
SAJ

showing display using 66% of battery usage. I changed my wallpaper to save power. That hasn't helped. Have it set on the lowest birghtness. That hasn't helped. I will try draining the battery, but really don't see that helping if the display is using so much power... I am super frustrated.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

onavy9queen wrote:

I totally agree with you! My phone has to be charged multiple times a day- and it dies immediatly if I should dare open an app. My phone sits on my desk and I just use it for minimal calls and texting throughout the day. It NEVER got to the point of being in the RED bar  dead battery zone before the upgrade- and now it does it everyday. The upgrade changed my screen display settings back to over halfway bright, so I changed that back to the lowest I could go (which is still bright) and that hasnt helped at all. I also lost the SILENT action on the volume. I now have to go and press the power button to put it on silent, but the phone CLEARLY says it is on vibrate. This is ridiculous. I too could get through multiple days with this phone, now it seems like every time I get a text or open the screen- the battery dies a little more. This problem needs to be RESOLVED now. Verizon posted that this is was SOLVED- but it clearly isnt. Just because you reply to a customer's post VERIZON- doesnt mean you SOLVED ANYTHING!

Vzw Moderators

Do you realize that marking a post solved when it is not not only Insults us

But it also Creates more traffic on that post Because People are having that same problem and surely want to know the Solution

0 Likes
akwest66

Since the latest update, I, too, continue to have battery life issues. Never had a problem before this. Also, never had a problem with dropped calls - recently several calls dropped. Has AT&T taken over Verizon? I am very hesitant to do a hard reset. Is there another update scheduled?

0 Likes
ibm360
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I first put on the 2.2 update, my battery life went downhill.

By putting the wifi sleep policy to 'when screen turns off' and

using a less hungry LWP it has gone back to "normal".

YMMV

And by the way I still get all my calls, so I must be doing something wrong.

0 Likes
tduke100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update number 3 from Tduke100:

After my visit to the store and implementing their suggestions, my battery life was no better.  I called my Verizon rep (we are like BFFs by now) and Verizon sent yet another phone.  Or rather, a phone "front."  This exercise involves removing the back cover, battery and SD card from my phone and installing them on the "new" phone front.  The purpose of the exercise was so I could "defer" the 2.2 update.  Well, guess what?  The phone came with 2.2 (a/k/a ED04) ALREADY INSTALLED!!!  So needless to say, I will be calling my rep again on Tuesday to see what the next step is.  I was offered a different phone, any phone of my choosing, but I LIKE my Samsung Fascinate (at least I did before the update) and would be very happy if I could keep the Fascinate with the previous software version.  Stay tuned.  Once my situation is resolved I will post all the details here, including the name of my rep, who seems to be trying his best to make sure I am a happy customer.

0 Likes
bluestar
Contributor - Level 1

tduke100 wrote:

Update number 3 from Tduke100:

After my visit to the store and implementing their suggestions, my battery life was no better.  I called my Verizon rep (we are like BFFs by now) and Verizon sent yet another phone.  Or rather, a phone "front."  This exercise involves removing the back cover, battery and SD card from my phone and installing them on the "new" phone front.  The purpose of the exercise was so I could "defer" the 2.2 update.  Well, guess what?  The phone came with 2.2 (a/k/a ED04) ALREADY INSTALLED!!!  So needless to say, I will be calling my rep again on Tuesday to see what the next step is.  I was offered a different phone, any phone of my choosing, but I LIKE my Samsung Fascinate (at least I did before the update) and would be very happy if I could keep the Fascinate with the previous software version.  Stay tuned.  Once my situation is resolved I will post all the details here, including the name of my rep, who seems to be trying his best to make sure I am a happy customer.

Seriously? Any phone of your choosing? Including the iPhone or Droid Charge? This sounds like an offer you can't/shouldn't refuse. Can't wait to learn the name of your rep who seems exceptional (and may soon be inundated by calls from customers seeking the same good deal).

0 Likes
tawest64

Ahh... yesterday I left home with a full charge, texted one person, checked facebook and twitter once, checked my email once - replied to one email and that's when my battery died.  This all happened within a four hour period.  Ridiculous.  I'm pretty much feeling like my phone is useless at this point.  I may just start carrying around my iPad.  I AM NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER.

0 Likes
tduke100
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know what the rep meant by "any phone."  I didn't go into that discussion with the rep because, as I said, I like my Fascinate and would prefer to keep it.  Although if my problem with the Fascinate does not get resolved, I must say I am at this point leaning away from the Android operating system.  The Verizon rep said the Samsung Fascinates are not the only brand/make of phone having the problems with the 2.2 update.; Motorola and HTC to name a couple, are as well.   So maybe I will go to an iPhone.  Just not yet.  As for inundating the Verizon rep with phone calls (if I publish the rep's name/phone number), the rep said  they are already fielding 15-20 calls per day, per rep,  from customers with version 2.2 problems.  So by the time I publish the contact info, which I will not do until my problem is resolved, they should have a streamlined solution for everyone.

0 Likes