Anyone stuck with 2.2.2 ?
dannymc

My Fascinate has never updated from firmware version 2.2.2.  With all the problems I've read regarding the Gingerbread update, I never pursued the issue with Verizon Wireless. 

"Settings>About Phone>System Updates>Check New" does nothing.  The "System updates" menu briefly disappears, "Please wait .." momentarily flashes, and the menu reappears.

I notice the promotional PDF from Verizon that listed the features associated with the upgrade to i500.EH03 is no longer available.  Has Verizon withdrawn, or no longer supporting this update?

0 Likes
Re: Anyone stuck with 2.2.2 ?
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

dannymc, I understand your concern with the software updates for your particular device. The last software update for this phone was December 1, 2011 and I assure you any updates released for any of our phones are meant to make the phone function better and not cause any issues. We do our best to prevent any problems with your device when updating to new software. I have listed a link below that provides you with dates for the latest software on each phone. I also listed a link with information bout the last update for your phone.

Link with last updates for each device:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/information/software_updates.html

Here is a link for information and steps to update your phone with the latest software

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/samsung_fascinate.html

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about your device.

KinquanaH_VZW    

Follow us on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
dannymc

The webpage links provided in your post are for the i500.ED05 update.  I am unable to update to i500.EH03

Upon navigating “ Menu Key > tap Settings > About phone > System updates > Check New “, the "System updates" menu briefly disappears, "Please wait .." momentarily flashes, and the "System updates" menu reappears.

No updates are found.

I performed these steps with wifi off.

Has Verizon Wireless withdrawn the Gingerbread update?

0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello dannymc,

I apologize for the delayed response.  It does not appear that we have pulled back the Gingerbread update.  Can you confirm the current versions of your firmware, baseband, kernel and build number. You can find this by choosing Menu>Settings>About Phone.  I would like to actively work with you to get the phone updated.  If desired, please send me a Direct Message with your account information and I can further review the status of your device in our system.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
dannymc

Menu>Settings>About Phone>

Firmware version:  2.2.2

Baseband version:  S:i500.04 V.ED05

Kernel version:  2.6.32.9

Build number:  SCH-I500.ED05

0 Likes
kraypsu

I too am stuck.

Android Firmware version 2.2.2

Baseband version S:i500.04 v.ED05

Kernel version 2.6.32.9

Build number SCH-I500.ED05

Please help. Thanks.

0 Likes
mzmimi

I too am stuck.  Been told the  only way to fix the problem and update is the reset phone to factory settings... So much for a defective phone from the start!

0 Likes
dannymc

Thanks for the info.  It appears the Verizon Support Employee (YaleK_VZW) is no longer available.

I have an unlimited data plan so I hope to keep this phone functional as long as possible.

Good luck to you. 

0 Likes