Anyone switch/will switch from a Droid X
PacoX
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anyone switched or plans to switch from a Droid X to a Fascinate. If so why? Are you happy with the switch? Could you have stayed with the Droid X?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone switch/will switch from a Droid X
csalmjs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey there

Yes I have switched to the fascinate from the Droid X.  I was hesitant to get this phone at first but I am so glad that I did.  In my opinion the Droid X is a horrible phone.  Way too many basic problems with it.  I know these days phones wont be perfect..they all have glitches somewhere..but the Droid X was over the top.

So many simple things with the Droid X was its biggest problems.  Some people have perfect droid x's but im apart of the majority that had major problems. 

First of all the picture quality on the X was HORRIBLE.  Half the time you didnt know which setting was best.  Pictures always came out blurry as heck.  Look it up..its a documented problem.  Second..speaker volume on the Droid X was so bad its a basically a deal breaker.  I cant tell you how many texts/calls I missed when my phone was simply in my pocket.  Not too mention how the phone would basically freeze every now and then when using swype texting.

The Fascinate, IMO, is a step up from the X.  Of course the super amoled screen is a BIG plus.  You cant f with phones that have this feature.  Its by far the best looking screens on a phone.  It totally blows the X screen out of the water.  Of course pictures are clear..OH..and hallelujah..I CAN ACTUALLY HEAR MY PHONE CALL. ha ha ha. 

If you are deciding between the two get the fascinate.  If you are looking for an alternate device..get the incredible.  NOT THE X.

0 Likes
poulosjr

Absolutely on this review!! I started with droidX its not good!!! exchanged for the Dinc great batt is awful tho!!!!!!!!!

Fascinate is a step above both!! slim uniform design its sleek and classy looking phone!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Processor is a known Win on the Fascinate also.... There is nothing out there that can compete in processor power right now with the Fascinate!!!! Loud Speaker quality is LOUUUD on the fascinate as well GEEZ!! You actually have to turn it down LOL!!

on the DroidX I found myself always turning it up LOL thinking it like automatically lowered to the low but it was already maxed out! :smileysad: poor speaker quality in comparison to Dinc and Fascinate! Go with Fascinate overall!!!! Fascinate FTW!

0 Likes
wulf1C
I have a droid x and as it was stated its a lot of little problems. Im thinking of switching phones and the fasinate is first on the list. Although it has its problems with gps and the bing (does not bother me but big issue for some) default search i have not heard to many other issues with it.
0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

I wouldn't be so positive about Fascinate not having major issues. There are three dozen known issues with Fascinate some of which aren't small. Who knows how many more issues are in there. Check it here.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/09/10/samsung-fascinate-known-issues-document-leaks/

0 Likes
xxxdroidxxx

I had the DX since the day it came out.  not bashing so I wont go into the issues of what I had. Still have the DX but bought a new Fascinate and really glad I did.  I had to pay full retail but got the 30 day return policy and well worth it.  I knew I could go back to the DX if I had too.  I have seen the issues listed on forums and I have not really had any issues.  Only thing is the bing work around.  I bought a google phone and want a google phone.  If I liked windows I would not be using android.  But I have not had the GPS issues or things of that nature.  The screen is smaller but so much better.  Everything works great.  I have to say I would not go back to the DX now for nothing.  Tomorrow my DX will be listed on ebay.  

0 Likes
PacoX
Enthusiast - Level 3
I'm trying to hold out until froyo. One if my biggest issues with droid is the volume. I also want to see the fascinate benchmarked with froyo.

For those with both phones, does the fasinate get as hot as tge droid. I planon having for a year or 2 and heat isnt good for something as small as a cell phone. Phones get warm but the X gets hot at times.
0 Likes
Tryemall

If Exchange is important to you note the Fascinate only allows you to sync back one month.  I had the D2 and that phone had problems syncing contacts.  Don't know about the DX.

0 Likes
csalmjs
Enthusiast - Level 3

if you are willing to wait then thats on you but im tellin you the fascinate is well worth it.  who knows when froyo will hit for the X/Fascinate.  I have heard multiple dates but it never seems to happen.  On the design the fascinate does not get hot like the X and my phone is basically never off.  in my experiences the fascinate battery lasts a bit longer then the X and thats with a super amoled screen

0 Likes