Application Virus
Cutiepatooties

With all of these postings, I'm nervous to download any applications. How do you know which Apps are ok to download and is there a Virus protector I can install/download to protect me? 

Also, if we are doing updates, are the apps we've downloaded compatible?

0 Likes
Re: Application Virus
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
A little bit of time with the forum's search engine can do a world of good.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Apps/Security-Apps-Lookout-MobileSecurity-Wave-Secure-Mobile-Secur...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Wow, Ann, you're getting that android "I've answered this question too many times" attitude.  (But, I'm gonna kudos you anyway cause you're right).

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

demmo86rt wrote:

Wow, Ann, you're getting that android "I've answered this question too many times" attitude.  (But, I'm gonna kudos you anyway cause you're right).

Mostly it is just faster to copy a link from a similar post than to write an exhausting reply from my phone that will say almost exactly the same thing.  In my line of work, you try and write an instruction only once in a project instead of multiple places to avoid having to remember how many places you write that instruction when two weeks later you have to change every single one so they all match.  Not fun.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Totally understand.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

I concur.  As for the original question, nothing can beat a little common sense.  Read app reviews and be smart.

0 Likes