Application drawer question
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I decided to uninstall a couple of apps that I thought I didn't need. (settings/applications/manage applications/uninstall individual apps I didn't need).  All went well.  However now in the app drawer, there are spaces left blank where those apps were sitting before I uninstalled them.  That seems odd to me because I thought they'd just condense themselves to reduce blank space.  Does anyone know how to fix this?   

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Application drawer question
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

menu button, edit, long press on another app and move it to the new location

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

menu button, edit, long press on another app and move it to the new location

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

:smileysurprised: Seriously, I bet you feel like a babysitter.  Next time if you could just make the solution sound more complicated so I feel less like a dip myself, that would be kind of cool.  LOL

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
Just manually rearrange the apps, I do this all the time. I have all my apps that I d/l on the first few pages and I moved all the apps that came with the phone to the last pages of the phone
0 Likes
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2
@nickjr How did you do that? Does it matter what version of os that you have?
0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
NO.. Be on the home page, select the apps icon, then as long as you have additional pages (you should have a maximum of 7), I just dragged all the icons, one at a time, to the last page, and moved all my personal icons, one by one by pressing down and holding the icon as i move to the last page and then released my finger and that is how I moved them around. Can take sometime though, but this way, I have what I want on the first couple of pages, not all the apps all mixed up, then I fine tune where I want my apps located by doing the moving on that particular page.
0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually nickjr, I was talking about in the application drawer not the 7 home screens.  Good tip on the relocating the bloatware vs. downloaded apps.  Ok so PO pack mule, like my buddy mdram4x4 mentioned,

select applications from your home screen.  This is where all your preinstalled apps (bloatware) is located.  When you go to the market and download other apps, theare are also located here.  This is our app drawer and I've been up to 9 pages of apps and not real sure how many you can actually have.  Anyway, if you want to clean up this app drawer and relocate apps there, hit menu/edit and then long press the apps and shift them around.  I like to keep my games together, music and wall paper things together, shopping apps together, education apps together and that way when I go to the app drawer I am more or less categorized.  Does this answer your question too?

0 Likes