Asurion GNex Replacements
mpsmit3

Does anybody know if Asurion is still replacing GNex with a refurb GNEX, or are they shipping out something else, like GSIII?  My wife's is randomly rebooting at least 1X per day.  She has over 12 months left before an upgrade.  I have a feeling that her phone may experience an accidental drop in the near future.

0 Likes
Re: Asurion GNex Replacements
michaeln

From what I've seen on other forums, Asurion seems to be replacing any Nexus devices with the GSIII. I personally would prefer another Nexus device if I required a replacement.

0 Likes
Re: Asurion GNex Replacements
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there mpsmit3. I am sorry to hear about the issues that your wife is having with her Galaxy Nexus. I know it is dissapointing when your phone doesn't work per your expectations espcially when the phone resets more than once per day. That is one time too many.

Does it reset when she performs a specific function? Has she downloaded any appilcations recently? Is she still under warranty? If so we can replace the phone for you at no cost.

I don't have an answer for you regarding the Asurion replacements. They replace your phone with the same make and model. If they are out of stock on your make and model they replace it with something similar. To best answer your question, I would suggest reaching out to Asurion at 888-881-2622. Before you do, I would like to complete troubleshooting on the device so any additional information would be helpful.^NB

0 Likes