Re: Asurion and Samsung S8+ problems
boringusername
Master - Level 1

maybe because you alreay had 4 screens replaced? maybe there is alimit. Also how do you break 4 screen in such a short time? I've owned smartphone for almost 9 years and have never broke a screen. maybe invest in some good cases and thsi wouldn't be a recuring issue

0 Likes
michepro929
Enthusiast - Level 1

This was over a period of years. And a claim can be filed on each phone a couple or so times a year. It has nothing to do with that. If that was the reason Asurion would have told me. And we all have OtterBoxes on our phones! We all work in very rough conditions - we don't have indoor desk jobs. Tkank you for your input, but I'm  looking for a definite answer, not just a guess.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

michepro929,

Thank you for the information. I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with repairing your daughter's screen with Asurion. I know it's important to have a working screen and I'll be happy to help on my end. Can you tell me what Asurion advised you the last time you brought this to their attention? 

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes
michepro929
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Juan,

Thanks for responding to my post.  When I called Asurion and asked the agent why they could not simply have the screen repaired instead of having to replace the phone, she canceled my first claim and attempted to file another claim for me.   She thought maybe I had entered some incorrect information.  She got the same result when filing the claim.  Asurion's computer system would only allow a replacement phone and did not offer a screen repair.  The agent could not give me a reason.  She said it could be because of parts availability.  When I informed her that the manager at the UBreakIFix store (where we get all of our repairs done through Asurion) said that they carry the screen for that exact phone - even the blue one like my daughter's, she was at a loss for an answer as to why the screen could not be replaced.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cracked screen repair is a fantastic alternative to replacing the entire phone, michepro929. We appreciate the details you shared. When it comes to the options for filing a cracked-screen claim with asurion (replacement of device versus screen replacement), they are the ones who control the available options. It was a great idea to contact the local repair shop to ensure parts availability. It’s shocking to hear that you were still told the screen replacement was not an option, yet there was no explanation offered. I know you posted this reply two days ago. Has anything changed since then? Have you tried contacting asurion again? If so, what was the outcome?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes