Attention those of you who are looking to get a Droid Charge Phone
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Hello to All,

I just wanted to update you all on what happened to me at a local Verizon store when I tried to exchange my Fascinate.  On Sunday, I went to the Verizon store and they ordered a Droid Charge for me as a replacement.  When I received the package today, I got a Fascinate replacement instead that did not come with the battery.  Anyway, I went back to the Verizon store.  I spoke with someone different.  They were aware of the policy that would allow you to get a Droid Charge, Incredible 2, or X2 as a replacement.  He tried to re-order me a Droid Charge but could not get it to go through the computer.  So he called customer service and he put me on the phone.  I was only given the option of either getting the Incredible 2 or the X2, not the Droid Charge.  I told the woman on the phone that the policy stated I could get a Droid Charge.  She said the only options that were authorized were the other two because the Droid Charge was a higher phone than the Fascinate.  The guy at the store even got on the phone and told her he was looking at the policy and it said you could get a Droid Charge.  He also said that the store had ordered Droid Charge's for other people.  The customer service rep told him that the policy had changed and the Droid Charge was no longer being offered.  I ended up ordering an Incredible 2.

I am posting this in case anyone else has a similar situation.  I also would not doubt that some other stores will be able to order a Droid Charge for people.  There does not seem to be any consistency.  I informed the woman on the phone that if it was indeed true that the Droid Charge was no longer being offered, then the policy needs updated and posted on Verizon's website.

If anyone from Verizon reads this, post an update to the policy if it has changed (even though Verizon stores are still showing that you can get a Droid Charge).  If you can still get a Droid Charge, then I got misled and am not happy with how the last few days went.

I hope the rest of you have better luck...

0 Likes
Re: Attention those of you who are looking to get a Droid Charge Phone
hyunjpark
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just had a similiar issue.

I called tech support today and they went through troubleshooting. He found the infomanager articles and commented my account for the replacement for a Droid Charge. He said I would have to go to the corporate store to get the replacement processed.

I went into the store and they said the computer says there is no stock for any of the phones (Charge, X2 or INC2). She told me she could call CS and try to order an Inc2 or X2. I didn't want either.  So she said she would try tomorrow.

Why I am getting the run around?

Can someone else from VZW help us? Thanks.

0 Likes
jayrod32

I just had a crazy past few days regarding the same situation.  First store said they had to hold it for trouble shooting.....Second store said it's not a comparable phone.....THEN after putting them on the phone with the techs at the 800 #........the story changed to how they just don't have any and that the warehouse doesn't either..........

inconsistant and i'm still left with the {word filter avoidance}

Sprint is looking better every day...........

0 Likes
RSDan
Enthusiast - Level 3

The stores are a joke, they have no clue and are not concerned with helping anyone out with this problem.  My visit to a store netted me a replacement Fascinate even after they read the information on the policy change.  I had to contact a rep here on this board and he called the store and got things straight.  Still on Monday I received the Charge minus the back, battery, sd card, charger, software and sim card.  Today I received the sim card and tomorrow I'm supposed to receive the battery (rep I called today did not know if the back was included) .  From reading up on the Charge, it seems I will also need software to activate the sim card.  I can't find a d/l for it online.  So me and the FedX driver are becoming fast friends as 1 item shows up each day.   At this point the best thing to do is start reporting the stores to the BBB, local news trouble shooters, state attorney general etc. for deceptive business practices.

0 Likes
billyhugh

I have been to 2 different stores a total of 3 times and am still unable to get a droid charge.  I need 2 as both my wife and I have fascinates.  The 1st store had no clue the second had an idea but they can not get me the phone because it is out of stock.  I don't like either of the other choices and am stuck with not knowing if someone is trying to reach me.  I am waiting on tech support to call me on 7-22 to let me know if any are in stock.  My question is, if no cert. like new are in stock then why can't I get a new in box.  It's not my problem that they made an inferior product.

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Well, I thought I would give you the update with my phone situation...

I received the Incredible 2 this afternoon.  It had a back cover but no battery in it!  I was told by customer service that I would get a battery.  They did tell me I would not get a charger because the Fascinate charger will work with the Incredible.  But come on, no battery?  Why not sell me a car and leave off the tires?

Needless to say, I will be making another trip to the Verizon store tonight...

0 Likes
indianafanatic
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think that I will consider myselef one of the "lucky" ones.  I ordered the Droid Charge replacement last Saturday at my local Verizon store.  At that time, I was told that I would have to come back in for a SIM card, because the phone wasn't going to ship with one.  After reading that several people received replacements without batteries, battery covers and memory cards, I decided to take the whole unopened box with me when I went today to get the SIM card.

When I opened the box at the store, the employee got to work on putting the SIM card in.  I anxiously looked around to see what I was missing, fully anticipating a demand for what was not included. 

Battery?  Check. 

Battery cover?  Check. 

32GB memory card? Check

I had hit the trifecta and tried to hide my happiness.  It sounds silly to me that I would be so happy to find all the phone parts included, but similar Fascinate stories had me worried.  The SIM card was installed, the phone activated, my files backed up and and I was out the door.  Unless a meteor crashes through my roof tonight, I consider myself happy with the given resolution.

My thoughts, prayers and hopes are with all the rest of the Fascinate owners who are just trying to get a phone that works.

Stay Strong!

0 Likes
hyunjpark
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is an update to my situation.

Yesterday the store I went into said they couldn't order the charge for me and were being rude about it.

So this afternoon I went to a different corporate store and talked to the manager. I explained the situation and he handled it directly. In less than 10 minutes he processed the order for the Droid Charge and told me to come back if I am missing anything. I was very satisfied.

So for those of you that couldn't get a Droid Charge ordered. Try again. They do have stock now.

Now I'm just hoping my charge will work well.

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

I am happy to hear that some of you are still able to get the Droid Charge.  I will warn you that my experience was that they originally ordered me the Charge phone and when I got the package it was a replacement Fascinate.

I called customer service today and told them my Incredible 2 did not come with a battery.  She put me on hold, called the local Verizon store and had them put aside a battery for me.  I went to the store this evening, and they put the battery in for me, transferred all my data from my Fascinate, and so far the Incredible 2 is going well.  I would have liked to have gotten the Droid Charge, but I am still happy with the Incredible 2.

As an aside, I was told by the person in customer service and the Verizon store that the Droid Charge is no longer a part of this policy.  I have now been told that by 3 different people.

Good luck to all of you...

0 Likes
geomimi

This is bull**** Verizon should let everyone with a Fascinate get a replacement phone with no hassles!

Verizon Update the Policy so we know what the choices are!

0 Likes