Re: Auto Rotate missing?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As noted in other posts, auto-rotate should be in your notification panel (you may need to pull it down with two fingers to see all the icons):

Turn Screen Rotation On / Off - Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
janerotten
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same thing happen and it was driving me crazy too.  When you pull down the shade, do you see a button that just says "portrait"?  That is the auto-rotate button after you have accidentally pressed it, which I had.  I hope that helps.  Smiley Happy

XMIRAGE2KX
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is an easy fix, but not one you are likely to stumble upon even after much searching. Go to settings>apps>settings>storage>clear data/cache. This will bring back the auto rotate button in the pull down menu.

GARLOW

I have the same problem with my S8.  This did not solve the issue.  Any other ideas?

0 Likes
ChiefDoggyDaddy
Enthusiast - Level 2

That feature isn't on my S8.

0 Likes
ChiefDoggyDaddy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Select Portrate on the pull down

tomseys
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is an easy fix, but not one you are likely to stumble upon even after much searching. Go to settings>apps>settings>storage>clear data/cache. This will bring back the auto rotate button in the pull down menu.

Thanks - that fixed it on my friends phone.

0 Likes
jimboyett
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had same problem with S9+.  See if this works for you:

1.  Swipe down Notification panel at top of device.

2.  Swipe down a second time.

3.  Click on three dots next to Settings icon at top, right.

4.  Choose Button order.

5.  At the top of the screen you should see icons that have accidently been removed or disappeared.

6.  Drag the icon down to re-add it to the Notification panel.