Backup Assistant
Indianchief
Contributor - Level 1

Does anyone else have trouble with backup assistant working?  If I sync from my contacts on Verizon it never does sync.  If I sync from my phone, it appears to work.  But.........there is also a different number of contacts on my phone than are on the web site.  Shouldn't they be the same?  Thanks for your help

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Out of curiosity, did you do a search of the Droid section of the Verizon forum before you posted?

If you did, you would have seen that this issue has been going on for weeks for all phones and not just the android phones.

If you need another way to keep the contacts synced, try having them sync with contact list in gmail. Export the list out of backup assistant and import into gmail. Then verify contacts are checked on in the gmail sync on the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Indianchief
Contributor - Level 1

Exporting contacts into GMail is not a viable option.  If your contacts are saved in GMail instead of the Phone, you lose the ability to program ringtones and speed dials to contacts.  Don't know why this is but it shouldn't be so.  Thanks

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Works on my phone. Just another thing for me not to consider Samsung in the future.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

I do apologize for the problems you are experiencing with the backup assistance. At this time the problems that you are experiencing is a known issue. Our technicians are working diligently to resolve the issue. There is no Estimated Time of Resolution at this time. As more information becomes available for a resolution, we will be sure to pass the information along. 

0 Likes