Bat. Life Gone aftr 9-6-12 updates.
Fro2009

Alright everyone. Speak up.... Who is also having problems with their Nexus phone after Thursdays (9-6-2012) updates?  Which app is causing the problem?  any guesses?   My battery life was o.k. before Thursday and  I could make it through a whole day with normal use.

HOWEVER!  after Thursday that all changed.  The phone only makes it 4 hours or less.  I have restarted it.  Cleared all active apps.  wi-fi off, bluetooth off, and GPS off.  Still 4 hours or less.    You can tell,  even with everything more-or-less off the battery drains and the phone is WARM to the touch.  Verizon, GOOGLE, Samsung. Hello fella's ....  something has gone wrong.

I am not the only one. I just had another Nexus owner come into my office asking about the all-of-a sudden problems.

Code RED!  need a correction.

Fro

0 Likes
Re: Bat. Life Gone aftr 9-6-12 updates.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What update on 9/6?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Same here, what update? Does it matter if your phone is unlocked?

0 Likes
Fro2009

I don't know gang.  We are trying to figure it out today.  I must admit. It seemed to be better today.  There was another update to one of my app today too.  Too answer your question.  My phone phone does not have the lock feature enabled.

so its always unlocked. 

Fro

0 Likes
k2r
Enthusiast - Level 2

I never made it a whole day, but I use it a lot.  6 hours is typical, lucky if I get 8.  Can't say I've noticed a difference since the 6th, but I'm on my 5th phone, this one was probably activated the 9/4.  I'm sure they'll tell you to factory reset.  Make sure everything is backed up though and don't expect your apps to come back even if you paid for them.

question, does it show you my full name? Everyone else shows not real names mixed with numbers sometimes, but mine shows ME as full name.  Can't find anywhere to change that in settings so maybe you guys don't see it that way? thx

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I see "k2r" for your username. Your real name is displayed to you only.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Fro2009 & community!

I really appreciate you taking the time to post this to the community!  It's absolutley helpful if others are having similar difficulties.

I double checked my resources and didn't see any reports regarding this issue after the most recent software update. 

It can definitely be third party app updates causing the drain. Perhaps try Safe mode for a few hours to test?
http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=51562

Keep us updated!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
rjbrowne

I got my android update 9/21/12. It absolutely killed my battery life. I had no problem making it through the day using it before. Now I just started working and it sits unused all day and it's almost dead after7 hours. I did try turning wifi, and everything else off, which I didn't have to do before, and it still drains at a massive pace. Please fix. I LOVE this phone, but have to have some battery life after doing nothing for the day!

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

The google apps in the background, gps, sync, weather, etc.  Personally when I'm at home, it's always plugged in, I have a spare battery in my car charging at all times and have a Zagg Sparg when I'm out and away from electricity.  I also have Juice Defender, there are other batter sparing apps out there. I believe I've read WiFi uses less battery than the regular data connection to the web.

0 Likes
Dman49497
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having all the same problems.  It must be related to the Jellybean build JRo030 update.   My phone was awesome until this update was applied a few days ago.  

0 Likes