Battery/4g Connectivity
ClaytonJacobs
Enthusiast - Level 2

IIIII

I I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus 5. The device is only a little more than a month old. My battery only lasts for 5 hours, and I only get 1-2 bars of 4g connectivity. What are the solutions?

Re: Battery/4g Connectivity
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Battery - look at the usage.  Which apps, or what phone functions, are using the battery?  Without knowing that, it's impossible to guide to ways to increase the battery life.

4G Connectivity - try removing and then reinserting the SIM card to reconnect (perhaps with a better connection) to the network.  Check your network settings - if it's on Global, change it to LET/CDMA.

I've also heard of issues when both bluetooth and wifi  are enabled - I personally have not experienced this.  I typically have my wifi enabled all the time, and bluetooth pretty much all the time too.  But some have said that turning off bluetooth when not using it helps.

ClaytonJacobs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where is the SIM card slot?

0 Likes
ClaytonJacobs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay. I found the SIM card slot. I removed it and reinserted it. That didn’t fix the 4g issue. In the settings, there is nothing about changing global to CDMA that I can find. Where in the settings is this?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Settings >> Network Options >>

or  Settings >> Data network

or Settings >> Network options

Settings >> Cellular >>

It varies from phone to phone and I don't have the Nexus....

But you can find LTE/CDMA

Global

GSM   options - change it to LTE/CDMA if avaiable.

tbo27
Master - Level 2

Pull down your notification screen turn off sync and turn on turn on power saving mode and yes Bluetooth will drain your battery. Also your signal bar amount may not be a true reflection of speed. Dl speed test app. If you are getting good speeds.. great. If you turn off sync you'll have to manually refresh emails. Also log into amazon and purchase the extended battery for 30 or whatever. It comes with a back cover but you'll need a new case. Also do a YouTube search on saving battery on s5 bc there is a ton of other ways. Load battery doctor is an option from play store test that out.  But if your phone is searching for signal your battery life will drain in those 5 hours

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ClaytonJacobs wrote:

IIIII

I I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus 5. The device is only a little more than a month old. My battery only lasts for 5 hours, and I only get 1-2 bars of 4g connectivity. What are the solutions?

Do you have the Galaxy S5 or the Galaxy Nexus phone?  There is no such thing as a "Galaxy Nexus 5".  If you bought it as a new phone only a month ago, I would suspect you actually have the Galaxy S5 model.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well I'm sure when asking on the Forum the OP was or is a bit nervous I know I was when I asked my First few Questions lets give em that and I'm sure he or she will find were or what phone is they have..

OP do you have the Original Box the phone came in or can see on it back cover what phone it is or Look under the Battery it should be there one of these suggestions should help to tell you what you got then you can tell us b33

0 Likes
ClaytonJacobs
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have already indicated by posting in this discussion forum that I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

0 Likes
ClaytonJacobs
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Galaxy Nexus phone.

0 Likes