Battery & Bluetooth Issues since upgrade
N_A_M

I was alerted to upgrade my phone yesterday morning and since then my phone has not been operating as efficiently.  The battery issue seems to be getting a little better but my bluetooth is still not connecting.  It says that is paired and is I turn it on and off on the phone a few times, it will connect to the car but it will go in and out while I am on a call.  Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Likes
Re: Battery & Bluetooth Issues since upgrade
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi N_A_M ,

Currently we do not have any reported issues about Bluetooth pairing.  I would suggest to completely remove the Bluetooth from the phone, complete a master rest and attempt to repair the Bluetooth.  Please advise if you  need further assistance.

Thank you for your patience,

0 Likes
apink00

I'm also having bluetooth problems since the update, phone connects when i start my car but within 30 seconds it disconnects.

deleted the device and repaired but still doesn't work

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

apink00,

Are you able to pair your Samsung Fascinate with a Bluetooth headset device, and maintain a connection?

0 Likes
radiocynic

Me, too.  Bad battery life as has already been discussed at length in this forum.

Repeated Bluetooth problems since Froyo upgrade; Ford Sync system now repeatedly has problems finding the Fascinate's BT.  Sometimes can be remedied by cycling the Bluetooth on the Fascinate off and on again.  If not, it will usually find it after a (very inconvenient) reboot of the phone.  Regardless, this isn't right!  (Under 2.1, the pairing with Sync still wasn't perfect, but worked about 95% of the time.  Under 2.2 it's about 30%.) 

0 Likes
joemn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bluetooth stopped connecting automatically to truck but I was not sure it was the phone.  Called Verizon tech support and she had me do a hard boot.  That solved the problem for one day. Next day same thing.  So, misses incoming phone calls, continuing problems with features, and no real solution in sight.  Latest refurbished unit sent to me connects to data source  only intermediately and unstably.  Fascinate; such great promise that looks beautiful, behaves at times stellarly, and cannot be trusted to do what is made to do.  How many missed calls,  I can only guess.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your comments. 

They are greatly appreciated.  Do you happen to have a 2010 Ford? With calls I have taken from customers,that seemed to be a common factor. 

Ford Sync issues have been verified on several devices. This issue has been escalated internally. We will keep you posted with results as soon as possible.

Also, at this time, there is no real work around. Do you have problems pairing the Fascinate with a bluetooth headset?

0 Likes
hniskar

I was having the same problem with my bluetooth headseat.  I just received a new Fascinate and am having the same problems.  Also, while having the problems connecting, my entire phone goes into lag mode.  When I turn off the BT mode on the phone, everything responds very quickly.  This is right after getting a brand new factory shipped phone.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
zooyo

I am having a lot of issues with this phone since the upgrade.  First off this thing work with neither my car's bluetooth (2010 Toyota Camry) or my Jawbone Headset.  The battery life was so horrible I had to buy the extended battery.  Its nice because I can actually use it for a full day but its horrible because it looks like my phone is about to pop out a baby.  Verizon should offer us replacements like the X or the Incredible.  We were straight up hosed by sales people who probably knew this thing was a piece and thats blatantly obvious now as Verizon has sent this thing to the graveyard.  I mean come on Verizon quit dicking us around either update this trashcan or let us get refurbs of phones that actually don't suck.

0 Likes