Battery Life - Samsung Fascinate - 2.2
knully
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, I know everyone always complains about battery life. I did not have a huge issue when my Fascinate was on 2.1. Ever since the 2.2 update it seems my battery life is awful, 4 or 5 hours. I had JuiceDefender but that app is terrible and I removed it. I always turn off my wireless and GPS when not using but it still seems to not help much. I have also done the battery reset function when it reboots. Basically I let it die to like 5%, restarted in recovery, reset battery settings, rebooted and charged to full power. Does anyone have any other advice for the battery life?

0 Likes
Re: Battery Life - Samsung Fascinate - 2.2
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

is bluetooth off?

whats the sync tome on your emails, ect?

take a look here

http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/358953-tested-battery-saving-tips.html

0 Likes
knully
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, bluetooth is off too. I only have my gmail account on this phone. It is not tied to my work email.

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the community for your responses.

Its very frustrating to not have a long battery life. We are diligently working on this issue. Battery performance issues are under investigation by Samsung product management team. We don't have a ETA yet on this issue. As soon as its resolved we will post the resolution.

0 Likes
desertborn54

I often have an infant with me and I can't afford to have my phone die if I need it in an emergency!  My battery life is getting worse by the week, and I'm using using most of the battery saving tips.  I'm lucky to have it last 6-8 hours, and I'm a light phone user, only 10 minutes talk time and fewer than 20 text messages in the last month.  I'm absolutely tied to the charger.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

desertborn54 wrote:

I often have an infant with me and I can't afford to have my phone die if I need it in an emergency!  My battery life is getting worse by the week, and I'm using using most of the battery saving tips.  I'm lucky to have it last 6-8 hours, and I'm a light phone user, only 10 minutes talk time and fewer than 20 text messages in the last month.  I'm absolutely tied to the charger.

You might try buying the extended battery for now until they get the fix for this phone.
0 Likes
mhill004

nickjr wrote:

desertborn54 wrote:

You might try buying the extended battery for now until they get the fix for this phone.

I wouldn't waste the money on an extended battery.  Verizon actually sent me one because they were out of the standard batteries for this phone.  I received the exact amount of useage as I did with the standard battery.

I wish Verizon would have told me these were known issues since the update.  I have been having problems for over a month.  They just sent me a certified-like new replacement phone on 7/6 and didn't mention these are known issues.  I am having the same problem with this phone.

I am an average user, phone, txt, email and occasionally play app games.  I use to get 12+ hours before with the exact same use.  Now I am lucky to get 5.

Is there anyway to go back to 2.1????

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Please do some reading on XDA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=911677

this may help

0 Likes
mk92651

I could not agree more.  Why would we purchase an extended battery when this is clearly a techinical error.  I'm over spending as much as we do for service but yet can't get service without a workable battery.  Since the upgrade my phone has been crap. I charge it 2-3 times a day and i don't even use it during work hours 8-5.  A solution should come fast or i'm cancelling and going with a provider that works.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

wardcst24 wrote:

Please do some reading on XDA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=911677

this may help

Thanks for the link, I d/l the file and keep and use when I feel the need to.
0 Likes