Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
***Announcement: Welcome to the new Verizon Community! We have merged our Wireless and Fios Communities to bring you the best place to discuss any Verizon product or service, along with all things tech! We have many new features to discuss with you in the coming weeks, but first we want to make sure that all of you who have been active on either of our communities before are able to log in!
For many of you, we have been able to merge your Wireless and Fios community accounts so all of your Community contributions are all in one place. If you were active in both communities and you previously used the same My Verizon account to log into both, you’re all set! You will be able to use those same credentials to access the new Community. If one of those accounts was with My Verizon and the other was a Community Member Only account, please use your My Verizon account to log in. Please note that we were only able to merge those accounts that were attributed to the same email address.
If you only had one account on either Community, you can log into that account exactly as you have before. For some of our Fios Community members, you may have an issue logging in. If you had an account on the Fios Community and you’re having login issues, please use the Community Member Only login page and use the “Forgot my info” link to reset your password. Once you complete this, you should be able to log in normally. If you continue to have any further issues logging in, please email us at verizon.community.team@verizon.com and we’ll assist you to get you back in the Community! Keep an eye on the Community announcements - we can’t wait to show you what’s in store. The Verizon Community Team
Battery Life - Samsung Fascinate - 2.2
knully
Enthusiast

Ok, I know everyone always complains about battery life. I did not have a huge issue when my Fascinate was on 2.1. Ever since the 2.2 update it seems my battery life is awful, 4 or 5 hours. I had JuiceDefender but that app is terrible and I removed it. I always turn off my wireless and GPS when not using but it still seems to not help much. I have also done the battery reset function when it reboots. Basically I let it die to like 5%, restarted in recovery, reset battery settings, rebooted and charged to full power. Does anyone have any other advice for the battery life?

0 Likes
Re: Battery Life - Samsung Fascinate - 2.2
mdram4x4
Champion

is bluetooth off?

whats the sync tome on your emails, ect?

 

 

take a look here

 

http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/358953-tested-battery-saving-tips.html

0 Likes
Re: Battery Life - Samsung Fascinate - 2.2
knully
Enthusiast

Yes, bluetooth is off too. I only have my gmail account on this phone. It is not tied to my work email.

0 Likes
Re: Battery Life - Samsung Fascinate - 2.2
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the community for your responses.

 

Its very frustrating to not have a long battery life. We are diligently working on this issue. Battery performance issues are under investigation by Samsung product management team. We don't have a ETA yet on this issue. As soon as its resolved we will post the resolution.

0 Likes
Re: Battery Life - Samsung Fascinate - 2.2
desertborn54
Newbie

I often have an infant with me and I can't afford to have my phone die if I need it in an emergency!  My battery life is getting worse by the week, and I'm using using most of the battery saving tips.  I'm lucky to have it last 6-8 hours, and I'm a light phone user, only 10 minutes talk time and fewer than 20 text messages in the last month.  I'm absolutely tied to the charger.

0 Likes
Re: Battery Life - Samsung Fascinate - 2.2
nickjr
Contributor

desertborn54 wrote:

I often have an infant with me and I can't afford to have my phone die if I need it in an emergency!  My battery life is getting worse by the week, and I'm using using most of the battery saving tips.  I'm lucky to have it last 6-8 hours, and I'm a light phone user, only 10 minutes talk time and fewer than 20 text messages in the last month.  I'm absolutely tied to the charger.


You might try buying the extended battery for now until they get the fix for this phone.
0 Likes
Re: Battery Life - Samsung Fascinate - 2.2
mhill004
Newbie

nickjr wrote:

desertborn54 wrote:

I often have an infant with me and I can't afford to have my phone die if I need it in an emergency!  My battery life is getting worse by the week, and I'm using using most of the battery saving tips.  I'm lucky to have it last 6-8 hours, and I'm a light phone user, only 10 minutes talk time and fewer than 20 text messages in the last month.  I'm absolutely tied to the charger.


You might try buying the extended battery for now until they get the fix for this phone.


 

I wouldn't waste the money on an extended battery.  Verizon actually sent me one because they were out of the standard batteries for this phone.  I received the exact amount of useage as I did with the standard battery.

 

I wish Verizon would have told me these were known issues since the update.  I have been having problems for over a month.  They just sent me a certified-like new replacement phone on 7/6 and didn't mention these are known issues.  I am having the same problem with this phone.

 

I am an average user, phone, txt, email and occasionally play app games.  I use to get 12+ hours before with the exact same use.  Now I am lucky to get 5.

 

Is there anyway to go back to 2.1????

 

 

 

0 Likes
Re: Battery Life - Samsung Fascinate - 2.2
wardcst24
Contributor

Please do some reading on XDA

 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=911677

 

this may help

0 Likes
Re: Battery Life - Samsung Fascinate - 2.2
mk92651
Newbie

I could not agree more.  Why would we purchase an extended battery when this is clearly a techinical error.  I'm over spending as much as we do for service but yet can't get service without a workable battery.  Since the upgrade my phone has been crap. I charge it 2-3 times a day and i don't even use it during work hours 8-5.  A solution should come fast or i'm cancelling and going with a provider that works.

0 Likes
Re: Battery Life - Samsung Fascinate - 2.2
nickjr
Contributor

wardcst24 wrote:

Please do some reading on XDA

 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=911677

 

this may help


Thanks for the link, I d/l the file and keep and use when I feel the need to.
0 Likes