Re: Battery Life - Samsung Fascinate - 2.2
JVP2470

What on earth is up with the Samsung Fascinate after the 2.2 upgrade?  I have to turn my phone off to charge it fully and then no more than 7 hours later the phone is dead again!!!

Can I get rid of the upgrade?!  My phone worked perfectly before I did this upgrade!  I am so frustrated with Verizon right now.  My phone is all messed up due to an upgrade that you put on my phone.  My phone is not only dying extremely quickly, but it is over heating and tells me that I can't charge it because it is too hot.  What is up with this! I am so close to getting rid of Verizon because of this.  FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

There are 2 ways I know to go back

1. Send it in to Samsung they can put it pre udate for you

2. Go do some reading on XDA  Fascinate Forum The files are there

0 Likes
radiocynic

This is not really a fix (which of course I hope Verizon and Samsung are continuing to work on.)  But it's a work-around for the battery issue.  In my opinion, this brought my post-upgrade battery life back to the level of "poor" instead of "ridiculous"!

Go to Settings - WIreless & Networks - Wi-Fi Settings - Advanced, then set "Wi-Fi Sleep Policy" to "when screen turns off" instead of the default "never".  Uses noticeably less battery that way.

Again, still not as good as it was with 2.1, and not as good as it should be, but it's an improvement.

Good luck to us all; hopefully they'll get around to addressing all of these issues.

0 Likes
radiocynic

This is not really a fix (which of course I hope Verizon and Samsung are continuing to work on.)  But it's a work-around for the battery issue.  In my opinion, this brought my post-upgrade battery life back to the level of "poor" instead of "ridiculous"!

Go to Settings - WIreless & Networks - Wi-Fi Settings - Advanced, then set "Wi-Fi Sleep Policy" to "when screen turns off" instead of the default "never".  Uses noticeably less battery that way.

Again, still not as good as it was with 2.1, and not as good as it should be, but it's an improvement.

Good luck to us all; hopefully they'll get around to addressing all of these issues.

0 Likes
prm31

Any updates fom Verizon on the Fascinate battery life?  2.2 crushed my phone.  I'd go back to 2.1 if I could easily.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi everyone!

I've raised up your concerns to our product development team. As soon as I get more information on the battery life and a fix, I'll post here again!

Thank you for your patience!

0 Likes
Bobbydell
Has there been any update yet - my battery dies after a few hours without using blutooth, wi-fi, or gps. My problems started when I downloaded the 2.2 upgrade.
0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

Bobbydell wrote:
Has there been any update yet - my battery dies after a few hours without using blutooth, wi-fi, or gps. My problems started when I downloaded the 2.2 upgrade.

do a master reset, that isn't right at all

0 Likes