Battery Life decreasing on Fascinate
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is it me or do it seems like battery life is less than when you first bought the phone. Im getting almost 2 hours less than idid when i first bought it. Reset back to factory settings to test it but still getting almost 2 hours less than i used to.

0 Likes
Re: Battery Life decreasing on Fascinate
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry about the issue you're having with the battery life on you phone. When you charge your phone do you have it powered off? Charging the phone with it being powered off holds the life of the battery longer.

0 Likes
Dlind

my battery life was terrible too, lasted only about 10 hours.  I checked all my settings, I had my email refreshing every 5 min.  I bumped that back to the longest setting (1 hour) .  Now battery is just fine, live wall paper is kill it also

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3
Thanks Dblind. I will try setting my email refresh rate to an hour. I've already taken the live wallpaper off. Thanks to the Verizon employee also for you assistance. I will let u know if battery life increases.
0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

You may want to check what is "eating" your battery. Go to Setting - About Phone - Battery use. And check the graphs and percentages. Adjust your setting accordingly.

If display your main source for battery, check if you don't have auto-contrast set on. If it is, that might be a problem. Try to turn it off and set it to the lowest comfortable level. 

Also try this. Go to Setting - Sound & Display and make sure that "Power Saving Mode" is marked.

I also have to agree that charging phone while turned off greatly increases battery power.

0 Likes
ornurse77

I have done all of the above.... I would love to get 8 hours from my phone, I am only getting 2-3 hours (of standby time) and this phone is only a month old. If I charge it while turned off, I get the same results as if it was on; which is once I unplug the phone from the charger the battery indicator says that the phone is almost dead.

I am thinking that I have a bad battery. Any ideas?

0 Likes
amshere

I Had a battery draining problem..one tech told me that where I live there were towers fighting back and forth with my phone draining battery..so he did a PRL push...battery drained even more and after 72 hrs..lost all incoming calls..

Took the phone back to a different store close to where I live, she determined that the PRL push was the wrong thing for my situation and did a PRL block..since then..my battery life is a day and half with normal usage..not heavy..

0 Likes
pauldangerkile

Sheneika is correct. This was called a "memory problem" in the past. One thing that often helps is this:
1) Run your Android computer until it totally dies.
2) Charge it completely with the phone off
3) Repeat.
This has been shown to get more of the life back.

The setCPU progam, available in the Android Martket, helped with my battery life.

Also, there is a bug in our version of Android with regards to the "airplane" mode. The computer will stay in a loop looking for a connection while in airplane mode, but not find one, because the transceivers (3G, WiFi, etc.) are off. Use silent mode instead of airplane, unless you are on an airplane of course.

Trivia: the flight attendants always say to turn off your electronics devices due to an FAA regulation, but when pilots take their written exam the currect answer is that electronics devices must be off due to an FCC regulation!

Paul

0 Likes
RickBNA

Just a thought... VZW sells a stand alone extra battery and charger for the Fascinate for a reasonable 20.00

I read the reviews on the battery life before I bought the phone and opted in for the extra battery and charger. It also includes a cable so you can charge the spare battery and the phone at the same time in "daisy chain"

The $20.00 seemed pretty reasonable for back up power.

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah that whats i did. I purchased the extra battery and charger. I keep the extra battery in my wallet and change out when needed. I wonder how you got the battery and charger for only $20 bucks thou. i had to pay $40

0 Likes