Battery Life
xbee167
Enthusiast - Level 2

If the screen uses most of the battery life, then why does "power-up" act like a spectacular fourth-of- July display, and can it be shut-off?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Battery Life
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thanks for the information Ann154. xbee167, maintaining battery life is difficult with some devices because they have so many differnt features that require a large use of the battery. We have ways to help with the battery life so that your phone last longer and you don't have to charge as often. I have listed a link below that provides options to manage the battery life on your Galaxy Nexus and I have also listed some general tips for maintaining battery life.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=51470

Just as a reminder:  Only the battery charger specified by the device manufacturer should be used to charge the battery.

Tips for better battery life

• Follow the manufacturer's instructions for properly charging the device. 
  • Do not store the device in direct sunlight or hot locations.

• Do not rely on the device's vehicle power adapter as the battery charger for the device.
    The vehicle power adapter is meant to be a temporary low battery level solution until the device can be properly charged.

I Hope the tips above along with the tips via our website are helpful. I'm sorry your not able to turn the animation off during initial power up.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, the boot animation can't be shut off.

I will say this. The Galaxy Nexus boot animation is much faster than the boot animation on the Thunderbolt.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thanks for the information Ann154. xbee167, maintaining battery life is difficult with some devices because they have so many differnt features that require a large use of the battery. We have ways to help with the battery life so that your phone last longer and you don't have to charge as often. I have listed a link below that provides options to manage the battery life on your Galaxy Nexus and I have also listed some general tips for maintaining battery life.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=51470

Just as a reminder:  Only the battery charger specified by the device manufacturer should be used to charge the battery.

Tips for better battery life

• Follow the manufacturer's instructions for properly charging the device. 
  • Do not store the device in direct sunlight or hot locations.

• Do not rely on the device's vehicle power adapter as the battery charger for the device.
    The vehicle power adapter is meant to be a temporary low battery level solution until the device can be properly charged.

I Hope the tips above along with the tips via our website are helpful. I'm sorry your not able to turn the animation off during initial power up.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
xbee167
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the information Ann 154.

Also, are there pros/cons re powering down the unit when not using as opposed to letting it sleep. I shut the phone down at night as I don't want to receive any calls, especially calls from solicitors. I place my phone number on the "do-not-call" list, but still receive unwanted calls. Anyway, just curious about continually powering on and off. That was a topic of discussion years ago with workstations and pc's.

Thanks for listening.

0 Likes