Battery not at 100% when charged and on charger
Ashykinz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had the Fascinate for aout 3 weeks now, and once the phone is done charging, it'll say 98% or 99% sometime 100% but as soon as you disconnect the cable, it automatically drops 2-3% and I start out at 97%. Same thing while turning the phone off while charging, turning it back on while still on the charger, and states it's done charging but it's only at 98%.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Is it something to do with the software or possible hardware issue with the port?

0 Likes
Re: Battery not at 100% when charged and on charger
jcj2

Normal behavior, that is.  Li-ion batteries don't like to be held at 100% charge - it kills their life.  So the charging system charges it fully and then let's it drop off a few % before topping it off again.  This is why you sometimes see a 1-5% rapid drop when you unplug it.  You can force more charge on by briefly unplugging and then re-plugging it once full charge is indicated.  This "bump charge"  gets you a little more run time, but also gets you a shorter battery life.  YMMV.  

0 Likes
Re: Battery not at 100% when charged and on charger
Ashykinz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I figured as much, but I didn't have this problem with the Eris (although its battery life didn't last as long, which could have been why it did die faster). It's just the "eye candy" feature that we need, to see it at full rather than instantly dropping a few %.

Thanks.

0 Likes