Battery usage
pselian

My battery is useful for a maximum of  2- 3hours provided I use it minimally.    The display is consuming most of the resources.   ~ 60%.  I also have apps such as SkypeMobile that automatically start that contribute to consumption of my resources.   I manually turn these apps off and soon they are restarted.  These issues were introduced with the latest droid OS update.  I had my local Verizon rep look at this and he recommended I post this issue and request and ETA for a fix.  

0 Likes
Re: Battery usage
indianafanatic
Enthusiast - Level 3

pselian,

I feel your pain; we all do.  There are numerous threads in this forum that outline and validate any and all troubles you may be having with your Fascinate.  The only immediate remedy is replacing your phone with a Droid Incredible 2, Droid X2, or a long shot with the Droid Charge.  The long term remedy is to wait for Verizon to push out a variant of the fix that Samsung sent them on June 30th.

Set aside a little time to read through the threads here and find out what other Fascinate owners have experienced and how they remedied the problem, if at all.

Good Luck,

indianafanatic

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Power consumption is still under review, community members! In the meantime, spare batteries and extended life batteries are available for purchase!

0 Likes
no_service
Enthusiast - Level 3

DionM_VZW wrote:

Power consumption is still under review, community members! In the meantime, spare batteries and extended life batteries are available for purchase!

Oh, how very kind of you to allow us to give you more money for a phone that you broke. You, Dion, make the most patronizing, infuriating posts. I can't believe you haven't been fired yet. You'll probably be promoted the way Verizon is operating these days. 

0 Likes
amylouisa
Enthusiast - Level 3

DionM_VZW - you have to be the most insensitive VZW employee ever hired. Your post has infuriated me so greatly that when my contract is up, IT WILL NOT BE RENEWED IN PART DUE TO YOU!!  If I could cancel my plan and return my phone right now without penalty, I would.

If a REAL Verizon Wireless employee who has any common sense would contact me, it would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

Folks DionW has been a registered user less than 2 months, does not own a Fascinate and this is his approach to helping:

In regards to the missed calls, text and the monthly payments we make to Verizon every month for the privilege of not getting our calls:  DionW tells us that we should think of our monthly payments as a payment only for access to the Wonderful Verizon Network and it is unrelated to our phone problems.

In regards to battery problems after 2.2 was released:  DionW tells us, what battery problem??? You want batteries??? We sell batteries, come on folks buy some batteries and there will be no problem.

{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
amylouisa
Enthusiast - Level 3

and yet another reason to change carriers. Good job Verizon...keep having representatives of your company encouraging people to buy accessories to fix a problem with your phone.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

pselian wrote:

My battery is useful for a maximum of  2- 3hours provided I use it minimally.    The display is consuming most of the resources.   ~ 60%.  I also have apps such as SkypeMobile that automatically start that contribute to consumption of my resources.   I manually turn these apps off and soon they are restarted.  These issues were introduced with the latest droid OS update.  I had my local Verizon rep look at this and he recommended I post this issue and request and ETA for a fix.  

Sounds like an app or apps causing your problem.  First I would take a look at the apps you have downloaded from the market and see which ones are running.  Second, when you close a program make sure you use the back button until you get back to the home screen and not just hit the home button, that does not close programs.

If this continues I would do a factory reset assuring you start out with a clean device.  Add your apps one at a time and maybe that will tell you what is draining your battery so fast if it's not bad.

Good luck.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello again! I am pleased to say that I am still here and very sorry if my suggestion offended anyone :smileysad: My task here is to help and to show that we all support you in your efforts to enjoy your service. I will certainly endeavor to be more aware of that in my responses.

The fact is (other than it being under review) we have no news to provide on your concerns about battery performance on this model. The fact is that it has not been stated by anyone in any authority or decision-making capacity within Verizon Wireless or Samsung that what you're experiencing is a known issue, all I really can recommend is a spare battery or an extended life battery. While it's true that I don't own a Fascinate (my father does), both he and I have spare batteries for our phones. In fact, I have purchased extra batteries and/or vehicle power chargers for all 7 of the cell phones I have ever owned. Cell phones have been my sole form of phone communication for the last 9 years. I have a family with young children and can't be caught without a phone! To me, it's just being prudent.

Anyway, I'm sorry again. I hope you all have a great day!

0 Likes
amylouisa
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Samsung-Fascinate/Any-One-Having-Missed-Call-Problem-After-ED04-Update-P...

2nd post down on page 17 from MikeS1_VZW. While this specific link addresses missed calls, this is not the only issue that people are having with the Fascinate based on the numerous posts from various people having a multiude of problems.

I am glad that you apologized but it is still in bad form to offer accessories for problems with the phone.

0 Likes