Blackout Screen Problem
fantazia57

I've had the phone for two weeks now, and i just encountered this problem this morning for the 1st time.

I left the phone on my desk for a while.  And when i returned, the phone was completely blacked out.  I tried to power it off or on, but it didn't work.  My last resolution was to take the battery-out and put it back in - which then worked.

Then, this afternoon again, my phone was locked after a while, then, when i returned to the phone, the notification bar on top of the screen (where it shows power status, time, etc....the bar was completely clear with no image.  And my background wallpaper was completely black.  When i tried to enter the patter to unlock the phone, it didn't respond.  So, i had to use the power button to turn off and on.

I just transferred some media (picture) files on to my SD card last night.  And that's pretty much the only change that was made to my phone since.

Has anyone had this problem??  Is this a known issue??? or is it a phone defects?

0 Likes
Re: Blackout Screen Problem
Lovehatemyphone

Pretty sure I'm taking my phone back tomorrow. i thought it was just me not knowing how to use it but I can't use it becuase of reasons you list above AND the fact that I have to type 8 character password into my phone every time I put it down and pick it up again. I really wish I had got the Iphone.

0 Likes
fantazia57

8 character password locks?  Are you serious?

I must assume you're NOT the Fascinate owner if you enter 8 characters password for phone locks because I did not find anywhere that i can set up character/number password for lock/unlock; unless you can tell me how to set it up.

I need a real help, not from someone whose ANTI-Fascinate and don't even own it.

0 Likes
Soly29
Contributor - Level 1

I have a Droid X but that kept happening to me when I installed a new app, Photo-Funia.  I had to un install and after that it didn't happen again.  I'm actually thinking of switching to the Fascinate, not happy with my X

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

After doing a battery pull and your phone screen is still going black try doing a hard reset on the device the steps are listed below.

• From the home screen, select Applications.

• Select Settings.

• Select Privacy.

• Select Factory data reset.

• Select Reset phone.
    Note If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.

• Select Erase everything.

0 Likes
kfearnside

I tried this, we will see if it resolves the issue.  Only on two occasions did I have to remove the battery, sometimes fiddle-farting around with the power button would make the screen flash like crazy and sometimes it would load correctly.  I was also beeping 4 times upon bootup, its not longer doing that after the reset.

Only time will tell, but I will be sure to update my post.

0 Likes