Bluetooth File Transfer
arolling
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't send my music or images to my laptop. I have a Toshiaba netbook running Windows XP and it does have bluetooth on it. I have the phone paired to the computer but I can't connect and sent the files. When I try to send something from my phone, the bluetooth icon change color on my netbook (because its connected) then it drops. What's gonig on? Do I need an outside app?

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth File Transfer
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2
No idea. I just use the standard usb cable, mount the card/phone. The computer treats the sd card like another drive, and then I just transfer files back and forth. BTW, I'm not using a laptop, just a cp.
0 Likes
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2
If someone else can lend some insight on bluetooth, that would be good. I have a car stereo with bluetooth, and it would be nice to play music from the phone via bt. I think the droid x can.
0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

It's probably waiting for you to confirm that you're supposed to be receiving a file and to tell it where to save it. This gets especially tricky if you're sending multiple files as you'll have to confirm for each file (but the confirmation for the second file doesn't seem to appear until the first file has finished sending).

I believe there is a way to set it up for your computer so that you don't have to press accept each time. For your phone, each time you send a file, the pop-up box asks if you want to allow this connection all the time. If you press that, you can send files to your phone (from your computer) without confirming.

By default, the files are sent to the inbox in your Bluetooth folder located in My Documents on your PC if you're also having difficulty locating the files.

0 Likes
MaxBuck
Contributor - Level 1

Unfortunately, it's hard to give blanket advice regarding Bluetooth connections.  I've been able to connect my phone to my car (a Kia Sorento 2011 with Nav system), my computer (a MacBook Pro 2009 model), and a headset (Moto 815), but in all cases the connections are less than ideal.  The car connection allows me to stream music, and downloads some of my contacts (not all, and not predictable which ones).  The headset works OK for voice commands, and as a pure earphone-microphone, but none of the buttons on the headset work.  The computer connection works OK (I do need to pair using a 5-digit code), which is good since the USB connection is now defunct with the latest software update from VZW.

I've had similar problems with Bluetooth as it's implemented on BlackBerry, so this is not just a Fascinate problem.  Bluetooth has many flavors, and some of them don't mix in a very tasty way.  I even have problems with my Bluetooth mouse - have to re-pair it every so often to my computer.

0 Likes
bjybab

Try using bluetooth transfer app. You can get it in the market.

0 Likes