Bluetooth and speaker phone messed up after Pie Update
Pochop76

After the Pie update, when I use my bluetooth headset to answer or make a call, it will cut off and go to speaker phone. It will still show bluetooth is active, but have to toggle bluetooth off and on in order for it to work. If not using the bluetooth, once call is placed or received, it automatically turns on speaker phone but it is not displayed as being on. Toggle that on and off as well to get it turned off. I've tried clearing the cache, re pairing my bluetooth, and turning phone off and on. Its really getting annoying. Hope someone can give me a solution

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth and speaker phone messed up after Pie Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pochop76,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening since updating your software. This isn't the phone experience we want you to have and I'll be happy to help resolve this problem for you. Can you tell me the model phone you have? Is this the only feature that isn't working properly since the software update?

JuanD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth and speaker phone messed up after Pie Update
netaloid
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've read numerous complaints from Galaxy s8 and s9 users about bluetooth no longer working after updating to Android 9 Pie. As this is an important function for me, I am trying my best to delay updating to Pie until a fix is available. 

I would greatly appreciate it if Verizon would not force a Pie update until this issue is fixed.

0 Likes