Bluetooth audio
jmaxwell92264

Do I have to have a separate headset to get sound from videos?  With my standard bluetooth earpiece, I'm only getting telephone conversations.  I want to watch TV.com in a restaurant, airport, wherever - without disturbing others around me.  Do I actually have to have another headset for that - and carry around another device - Oh, and have to switch devices when I get a phone call?   Seems that I should be able to send all audio to the earpiece, but I see no setting, option, whatever, that will let me do that.

And another issue - with regards to voice dialing, the lady who says "Please wait.  Please say a command" and "Calling so and so", has a very weak voice and is very difficult to hear.  How do I turn up her volume without adjusting the volume for my phone conversations?

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth audio
Not applicable

Hi there! Welcome to the community!

What you are looking for is a 'Stereo Bluetooth'. One that allows voice calls and has multimedia functions. We have several available for purchase here. Under "Type" choose "STEREO" to see the applicible bluetooths.

To answer the other question, the volume control is the same for voice commands as the call volume. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
jmaxwell92264

AdamE_VZW wrote:

Hi there! Welcome to the community!

What you are looking for is a 'Stereo Bluetooth'. One that allows voice calls and has multimedia functions. We have several available for purchase here. Under "Type" choose "STEREO" to see the applicible bluetooths.

To answer the other question, the volume control is the same for voice commands as the call volume. 

Thank you!

No, this is not what I'm looking for.  A Stereo Bluetooth goes in both ears.  I want to use a simple mono Bluetooth earpiece to listen to streaming media, such as a videocast (the TV.com app in particular), and I don't want an additional piece of equipment to carry around.  It doesn't need to be in stereo, I just want to be able to listen to it and understand it without disturbing others.  I have a Jawbone Prime and it only picks up sound for phone conversations - not for media.  I can't find a setting in my phone regarding this.  Is it the phone, the Jawbone, or what?

0 Likes
jmaxwell92264

I think I may have found the solution with a bit of online researching.  It seems that you have to have something called A2DP technology on both your phone and you bluetooth headset in order to listen to audio media.  Without it, you only get telephone conversations.  The specs for the Fascinate indicate that it has A2DP.  My earpiece headsets do not.  There are a handful of new bluetooth earpieces that support A2DP.  You have to read the specs (or search them) to find the ones that have A2DP.

Please let me know if I am correct or if I've missed the mark on this one.  Verizon has locked down so many things on this phone, my concern is that they may have somehow locked me out of getting audio media on my earpiece, even though both devices technically support A2DP.  I'm a bit paranoid since I learned that I cannot change the car cradle or desk cradle apps, and also cannot change the search button to use Google instead of stinking Bing.  What else have they locked out?  Isn't Android supposed to be an open technology?

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

jmaxwell92264 wrote:

I think I may have found the solution with a bit of online researching.  It seems that you have to have something called A2DP technology on both your phone and you bluetooth headset in order to listen to audio media.  Without it, you only get telephone conversations.  The specs for the Fascinate indicate that it has A2DP.  My earpiece headsets do not.  There are a handful of new bluetooth earpieces that support A2DP.  You have to read the specs (or search them) to find the ones that have A2DP.

Please let me know if I am correct or if I've missed the mark on this one.  Verizon has locked down so many things on this phone, my concern is that they may have somehow locked me out of getting audio media on my earpiece, even though both devices technically support A2DP.  I'm a bit paranoid since I learned that I cannot change the car cradle or desk cradle apps, and also cannot change the search button to use Google instead of stinking Bing.  What else have they locked out?  Isn't Android supposed to be an open technology?

So I guess you now understand why so many users things to their phone which is not supported by Verizon and Samsung
0 Likes