Bluetooth does not stay connected
annehajos

Really need help to keep bluetooth connected.  I updated to the new 2.2.1 on 5/20/2011 and it causes the bluetooth connection to drop after a couple of minutes.  Not very safe if you are driving to have to keep re-connecting and then after a couple of times it won't connect at all until you turn it off and on on the phone.  When are they going to FIX the bug they created on the Froyo update!!

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth does not stay connected
rocknlb

I am having the same issue with Microsoft sync and Jaba ear piece. Does anyone have an answer to these issues. About ready to toss this baby.

0 Likes
arlsho

Same problem syncing to vehicle.  Must manually re-sync.  Using Firmware 2.2.1, w/i500.04V.ED03.  Kernal 2.6.32.9.

0 Likes
arlsho

We contacted Samsung.  They first denied there was a problem- even though this issue has internet traction.  Then suggestion was to bring phone in and have it reloaded w/fully charged battery (to also possibly fix the rapid charge loss).  Haven't tried this path yet-

Hoping Verizon also gets after Samsung as many customers are likely recognizing this issue-

0 Likes
fishingfool1

I am having the same bluetooth problem since I updated to 2.2. Verizon had me do a soft recovery on my phone and it worked for a while but went back to disconnect after about a minute.

0 Likes
todd_70

I am having the same bluetooth problem since I updated to 2.2. I did a hard reset and it worked for about a month, and now it's worse-to the point that I try to re-authorize the phone with my car I get what looks like an error message on the phone that flashes real quick and then goes away, so I'm not real sure what the error message is, but it wont connect to the phone once it starts this process. Sometimes when I reboot the phone it will connect to the car, but drop out of a call. It's very sporadic and annoying. I tried to go the Verizon store and get a new phone-even something off of Android and they said not without a high cost. This is phone is Sh**T :smileysad:

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Todd 70,

I would like to suggest removing the phone from your Bluetooth paired devices in your car, and then re-add it. If this does not work for you, please let us know the make and model of your vehicle. 

Thank you and have a great day!

0 Likes
vzcust1

ChristinaB_VZW wrote:

Hi Todd 70,

I would like to suggest removing the phone from your Bluetooth paired devices in your car, and then re-add it. If this does not work for you, please let us know the make and model of your vehicle. 

Thank you and have a great day!

I have tried it all, shutting phone off and turning it back on,   resync with the blue tooth., removed the phone from the blue tooth device and added it back.     The only thing that works is removing the battery and putting it back in, very very frustrating.

0 Likes
Jpanzir
0 Likes
fishingfool1

Turning bluetooth off on your phone then back on and hit the sync button on your phone works most of thine time for me. Very frustrating. Will probably switch to At&T and a new phone as soon as my contract is up.

0 Likes