Bluetooth does not work.
Devisissy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tired on the MAC and got. "Device does not have nessasary services."  When I try in Windows 7 I get, "paired but not connected."

I just want to send a video I took on the phone to my PC.  How do I do this?  I spent all morning on google with no help at all.   Can someone help me.  If I can't send videos to PC this phone will not work for me. 

I also find if I use the USB to connect the phone to the PC all my ringtones, photos, and videos get wiped.  Is my phone messed up or am I missing something here? 

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth does not work.
devisissy1

Anyone?  I did everything they told me to on the phone only to be told it's my computer.  I can't really believe that considering the HTC connects.  Is there a rep here that can maybe shine some light on what is going on with my phone?  Should I just go into the store? 

0 Likes
jahciple

try using dropbox in the market.

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can try the store but I had bad luck at the store.I just got phone and wanted to know how to arange widgets so went to store and the guy said I didn't accept Bing at start up of phone so i said go ahead and say yes and he couldn't bring it up again so took in back room and connected to PC to do license all over then gives me phone. I say show me how to move widgets and he said first accept Bing terms and went away to help someone else so I left not knowing what to do. I went to an Android workshop through Verizon and that was helpfull and free.

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

I just tried sending a video from my phone, and it worked.

Before you begin, you will need to make sure that you've paired your two devices (which it sounds like you have) and that both devices have their bluetooth turned on.  They don't need to be connected, just paired and on.

I. Go to your video.

1. click on camera

2. make sure your video camera is the option selected

3. click on the arrow at the bottom right to access your saved video files.

II. When you're on the video, click the Share (virtual) button.  (If it disappears, just tap the screen, and it will reappear.)

III. Press the Bluetooth option when the pop-up menu appears.

IV. Select the correct paired device (the one that is your computer) when it gives you options to connect with a paired device.

V. Click okay when a pop up appears on your PC asking if you'd like to accept a file.  Be sure either to keep tabs of where it goes or set it to upload to the desktop.

VI. Find the file on your computer.

That's about the easiest way I know to explain how to upload it onto your computer using your bluetooth.  If it doesn't work, then it's probably a faulty bluetooth.  My phone and computer, prior to my bluetooth transfer stated that they were paired but not connected.

Good luck!

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

btw (just thought about this), IF you successfully transfer the file, but the video doesn't play, then the problem is that the PC is reading that file as being encoded as something other than the mp4 file format.  This means that you need to change the mp4 extension to one of the following:  3g2, 3gp, 3gpp, or 3gp2.  I believe any of them should work.  If you want one that's more universal, go with 3gp. This file extension will make the file compatible with QuickTime and other phones that are capable of playing videos.

To show file extensions in Windows, do the following:

1. Open Control Panels

2. Click on Folder Options

3. Click on the View tab

4. Uncheck Hide extensions for known file types

5. Click OK.

I would recommend that you undo these steps after you've finished what you need to do unless you plan to change a lot of extensions in the future.

Hopefully, you won't have to use the information in this post, but it's here just in case.

0 Likes
devisissy1

Hot diggity dog!  That worked.  Kudos to you! 

Now If I can just figure out why my phone gets wiped every time I use the usb connect. 

0 Likes
devisissy1

It took me a second to figure out what Dropbox was, but now that I figured it out it will solve my problem with losing all my apps and pictures and such.  I am using it with Titanium Backup.  Thanks!

0 Likes