Bluetooth issue...
bfishy81

My bluetooth is not working properly on my fascinate.  When I attempt to turn on bluetooth, it either won't turn on at all, or if it actually does, it will shut off on its own shortly after.  I have been able to pair it with a hands-free unit, but after I initiate a call, the bluetooth will shut down during or after the call.  Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bluetooth issue...
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

The first thing I would try in a situation like this is to power down your phone, remove the battery for a few seconds (10 should do), then reinsert the battery, and power back up.

If that doesn't solve your problem, I would think back to when this problem began and think if it coincided with the installation or the update of an app, especially one that controls various devices on the phone (such as a battery saver).  These apps are not supposed to control bluetooth, but they might be designed to turn them off when the device isn't being used.  This can cause some problems with things being turned off and not turning back on, as I discovered once when my a battery saving app killed my Internet service.  It took me rebooting my phone to figure out that it wasn't Verizon's network.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

The first thing I would try in a situation like this is to power down your phone, remove the battery for a few seconds (10 should do), then reinsert the battery, and power back up.

If that doesn't solve your problem, I would think back to when this problem began and think if it coincided with the installation or the update of an app, especially one that controls various devices on the phone (such as a battery saver).  These apps are not supposed to control bluetooth, but they might be designed to turn them off when the device isn't being used.  This can cause some problems with things being turned off and not turning back on, as I discovered once when my a battery saving app killed my Internet service.  It took me rebooting my phone to figure out that it wasn't Verizon's network.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
bfishy81

Thanks for your help and prompt reply.  It was the battery saver app that I had that was causing my issues.  Thanks again!

0 Likes