Re: Bluetooth not working after 5.1.1 update
procnotdefined

Had the same problem with the Note 4 on Kit Kat connecting with a Kia Optima.  After a while, the bluetooth connection would fail.  Searching the forums I found a solution that works (for a while).

Unpair the phone from the car and delete the pairing from the car's entertainment center.  On the phone, go to Settings; Applications; Application Manager and swipe to All.  Go to Bluetooth share and BluetoothTest and clear the cache on each.  Press the power switch and restart.

Once restarted, pair the phone with the car's entrainment center.  Your connection will work.

This worked for Kit Kat.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Stephina
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wish I had read this before factory reseting. My problem seems to be with the Bluetooth and Wifi. I can't have both settings on at the same time. I will the cache clearing and let you guys know.

0 Likes
Stephina
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried your solution. It did not work. I even tried it again in safe mode.

0 Likes
procnotdefined

Sorry it didn't work out.  I've found the Note 4 and bluetooth to be flaky.  I've also found that some car manufacturers publish a list of phones that will work with their entertainment system.  While the Note 4 wasn't on the list for my vehicle, I found a solution through those discussions boards.

0 Likes
vdastoli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any luck Stephina?  Mine has started doing the same thing again  relentlessly!  It's at the point where I have to just talk on speaker phone and bluetooth is more of a hazard than anything else.

I wish someone would take ownership of this issue on the Samsung devices and just give us a fix for this.  I've had this problem for over a year now.  HTC had no issues and my work Crapple device has no issues using bluetooth so it's not my car, it's not honda, it's Samsung specifically. 

Verizon Wireless Customer Support 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vdastoli1, your safety is our first priority. Has anyone else with a wireless phone tried sync to your vehicle via bluetooth?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Stephina
Enthusiast - Level 2

All is well. The 6.0 update fixed it.

0 Likes