Bluetooth problems after Jelly Bean Update
eshep

My Motorola H17 bluetooth worked well before the Jelly Bean Update. Since the update, it does not recognize my voice commands and returns Sara Clark for Sam Jones).  The call quality (once connected) is fine, however.  I would say that before the update, the voice commands were 90% accurate.  This now prevents me from placing calls from my bluetooth which is a safety issue. I have re-booted and re-paired the device with no change in its behavior. Otherwise I am happy with the Jelly Bean update.

Any suggestions would be great.

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth problems after Jelly Bean Update
stef7
Master - Level 2

Maybe a factory data reset ???

I think after a major upgrade, it *may* be necessary. You'll end up having to re-download apps and restore configurations for your email and such. Would be interesting to see what others tell you.

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth problems after Jelly Bean Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Eshep,

Yes, I agree placing calls from your bluetooth is important for safety while driving. Have you replaced the bluetooth? I would attempt to replace the bluetooth since the H17 is fairly new and may still be under the one year warranty.

Since you have already un-paired and re-paired your bluetooth, we do recommend as Stef7 mentioned to perform a master reset. Especially after the most recent software update to JellyBean. Here is a link that is going to assist you with performing backups and the master reset on the device: http://bit.ly/QrcRFW . If you need any additional assistance, please feel free to contact us again. I am confident that the master reset will fix the bluetooth issue.

Katrinan_vzw

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes