Bluetooth
BernieJ

Can anyone tell me if the Facinate is Bluetooth compatable with the 2011 GMC Acadia? The GMC web site does not say.

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 2

I had the same question about Fascinate and Acura MDX and Acura's website didn't have that info.

So there was the only one way to find out...I went to local VZW store and asked sales rep to let me borrow and try any working Fascinate model on the floor to connect to my car. Sales rep grabbed one available, walked to my car and within minutes I knew the answer to my question.

That's the way, I did. Try that.

0 Likes
blee

papa_leo,

Can you tell me what year of MDX is it?

I have 2008 model, but I couldn't pair it with my new fascinate.

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 2

Mine is 2009 and I don't think there is too much difference between yours and mine (Bluetooth wise)

Here is how I paired.

On the car, I pressed phone button.

I said "Phone Setup".

Car replied "Phone setup options are: Pair, Connect". 

I said "Pair".

Car replied, "Make sure you have you phone Bluetooth turned on and in discovery mode. Please enter 4 digit code to pair".

I said "one two three four".

On the phone, I selected Menu - Settings - Wireless & Networks - Bluetooth select. Then selected Bluetooth setting and marked device as Visible. The counter of 120 second started and selected Scan devices.

At this point phone found "HandsFreeLink TM" and prompted for the code. I entered on the keypad 1234.

Car prompted to name the phone and after I did that. Car confirmed success in pairing. Since then, Bluetooth works with "cold" connection within 10 sec.

0 Likes