Breach of Contract
dcmed1
Enthusiast - Level 3

After speaking to the AG's office in Massachsetts today I was informed that Verizion is in breach of their contract in their eyes. I live smack dab in the middle of dark red 4G reception zone appx 2 miles in radius with a lighter red zone for 10 miles according to their web site. The best reception I can get is one bar of 3g and I keep losing connections. They said Verizon is not providing me with the service it claims on their site, that is a breach of contract. They told me if I stop service and receive a bill from Verizon to not pay it, and send the bill to their office attention of....... There is something that can be done if you are not getting what you paid for.

0 Likes
Re: Breach of Contract
Not applicable

You're AG is a dolt. Enjoy the bad credit rating if you do not pay your bill. Good luck getting service from another carrier when they find out you do not pay your bill.

0 Likes
dcmed1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Forgot to add, they said even though it says you may not get 4G service or the maps may not be accurate to a specified spot, they cannot charge you for droping their service because it it also implies that you will get those services. In other words they cannot charge you for breaking an implied contract that they could not provide the service for.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

So  "you may not get service or the maps may not be accurate" implies "you will get those services"? That is interesting.

So if I say "you will lose", am I implying "you will win"?

0 Likes
dcmed1
Enthusiast - Level 3

What it all boils down to is, you cannot charge someone for a service they are not getting. I'll go with what my AG told me and stop service as soon as I get another carrier.

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

I suggest that you immediately shut off all services on your phone so that you will not use any data/voice/text services that may compromise your position in this situation.

Of course the next step is to find a carrier that actually has service in the vicinity of the AG office that you obviously frequent so that you do not have a similar problem with your next vendor.

I also suggest that you do not sign a long term contract (meaning longer than month-to-month) with your new carrier to prevent future occurrence.

Good luck.

0 Likes
dcmed1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't have to shut off what doesn't work anyway.

0 Likes
NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

Since 4G and 3G services cost the same (no extra charge for 4G), this argument is baseless. You are paying for service, and your post says you are getting it in your area. If you paid extra for having a 4G device (say $10/month), and didn't get 4G service, maybe then you'd be entitled to that $10/month.

0 Likes
dcmed1
Enthusiast - Level 3

In this state you don't sell someone a 4G LTE phone, tell them they live in a good reception area, then don't provide the service. It is against consumer protection laws. The wonderfull 1 bar 3G I have disconnects from the web every 2-3 minutes.

0 Likes
Not applicable

dcmed1 wrote:

What it all boils down to is, you cannot charge someone for a service they are not getting. I'll go with what my AG told me and stop service as soon as I get another carrier.

Except Verizon doesn't charge you specifically for 4G. If you were getting charged extra for 4G then you MIGHT have a point.

anyways here is what the map says

These Coverage Locator maps depict predicted and approximate wireless coverage. The coverage areas shown do not guarantee service availability, and may include locations with limited or no coverage. Even within a coverage area, there are many factors, including customer’s equipment, terrain, proximity to or inside buildings, foliage, and weather that may impact service.

0 Likes