Browser Issue after 4.2.2 when using quick controls
jost2011

My phone was updated to 4.2.2 yesterday and I have been having issues with the browser. I am using the stock browser with quick controls enabled (one of the labs).

What used to happen: swiping in from the side brings up the address bar. I type in a query and it loads. A blue line runs across the top indicating progress. Once the page is completely loaded, the address bar slides up and I browse in near full screen mode (the bar with time, signal strength, etc. is still there).

What happens now: the browser initially loads fine upon opening. The address bar still comes in as it should, but now when I submit a query, the blue progress line appears and runs across the screen but never makes it all the way across even though the site is fully loaded. Also, the address bar no longer disappears like it used to. It just looks like it got stuck loading but the page is fully there. Subsequently, I sometimes get a blank area up where the address bar should be.

Is anyone else having this problem? I really like the quick controls so this one is a deal breaker for me.

I tried restarting the phone, force stopping the app, disabling/enabling, clearing cache, and clearing data with no effect.

0 Likes