Browser problem..One website
guts55

I have had this phone for a week and have installed all of the updates.  Everything seems to work fine with the exception of one website.  The sign in page operates properly as I can touch the ID and Password and log on.  Once I get to the log on screen, there is a selection box on the left hand side of screen.  My fascinate will not let me select anything.  The whole top of the screen highlights and it clicks, but that's it.  I cannot select anything from the menu.  This is a new Samsung Fascinate.  5 others that have Droid's other than Samsung have no problem with this website.  How can I get my browser to let me select one of the options?  Any ideas? 

The website is a secure site   HTTPS type and after you select an option (on browsers that work) it generates a report that pops up.  I cannot even get to that point.    Thanks.....

0 Likes
Re: Browser problem..One website
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
That is an incompatibility issue with the browser and isn't exclusive to that site, I've seen it a couple of times. You might try googling the site name plus mobile and see if they have a mobile version.
0 Likes
guts55

Thanks for the reply.  My friends can view and use it fine and they have Droid 2, Incredible, etc.  Seems to be just a problem for this phone.  The calendar does not display and boxes move about the screen if you zoom.  I cannot even sign out of it because the sign out box gets covered up and when I can get it uncovered, I cannot select it.  Do Droids use something different to view web pages, Abobe or something?  I am not a techie obviously and do appreciate the help. 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
It could be a flash thing, only phones with android 2.2 have it available.
0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Try clearing your cookies and cache over the Samsung Fascinate browser hopefully that will allow the webpages to load correctly steps are listed below.

Tap Applications.
-Tap Browser.
-Press the Menu key, then tap More.
-Tap Settings, then touch and slide the screen Up.
-Tap Clear cache, then tap OK.
-Tap Clear all cookie data, then tap OK.
-Press the Home key to return to the Home screen.

0 Likes
guts55

Sheneika,

I gave that a shot and it helped at first, but then once I signed in, the boxes are all over the place and the touchsceen cannot be used to select.  For some other reason, when I do try and use the touchscreen to select, it says USB connected (by alert in the upper left hand corner). 

To give a better example, I can load the webpage and even sign in.  Once I do that, there is another box that is supposed to stay in the left hand side..  I can select the report I want to run,.  Then it asks for the date (drop down menu) .  I have to zoom in to select this and that box on the left side, stays on the screen and covers everything up.  That's the big issue. 

The USB alert is because I had the phone charging.  Anyway, thank you much for the help.  I really want to get that 2.2 ASAP.  All of my friends have it, even the Verizon ones now. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

incredible and moto droid has 2.2 (and i think droid II???) 2.2 has full adobe falsh 10.1 so the browser is a bit more capable. i believe the droid X is getting the 2.2 update next and then the fascinate. it surprised me that the fascinate wasn't released with 2.2 since 2.2 came out months before the fascinate was released. but it is coming.

0 Likes