Browser search not working
snrsuave
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thanks Verizon for forcing Bing on this phone. Since you hacked the stock browser to redirect to Bing search through search.vzwwap.com, you have replaced a reliable search provider (google) and replaced it with your own site that searches Bing. I had decided to give it a try and was happy for a bit until a few days ago when I realized why you really should never have replaced Google. For the last few days, any time I search through the stock browser, I get redirected to search.vzwwap.com, which then fails with an invalid url message. So basically because you couldn't leave well enough alone and leave the phone as it was designed, you broke searching through the browser. Did you really think your search site (search.vzwwap.com) would be more reliable than Google? You got to be kidding yourself! Please fix your broken search site.

If anyone wants to try their phone out to see if it's just me, open up the stock browser, click the search button, and type something in. It should redirect you search.vzwwap.com and you will see if you get the invalid url message.
0 Likes
Re: Browser search not working
LandLockedPH

It's not just you.  That's just one of the many reasons why I used Dolphin HD browser.

I'm still hoping this "mistake" on Verizon's part will be resolved whenever Froyo is released.

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

I am also not using default browser, instead I am using Opera Mini (the fastest page downloads vs other browsers)

0 Likes
LandLockedPH

papa_leo wrote:

I am also not using default browser, instead I am using Opera Mini (the fastest page downloads vs other browsers)

papa-leo - I was a faithful user of Opera Mini on my BB Curve prior to moving to Android.  If you haven't already, give either Dolphin HD (my favorite) or Skyfire a good look.  I think you'll be surprised by the page load speed and the contents of those pages once they've downloaded.

Opera is working on an Android specific browser which should be released soon (November or even October).  Worth taking another look then.

0 Likes