Re: CALLING OUT TO ALL FASCINATE OWNERS WAITING FOR 2.2:
Gonzo313
I recieved this response via email from Samsung regarding the 2.2 source code for the fascinate. "Public firmware for froyo update version about SCH- I500 VZW (Fascinate) is not announced yet on the outside. After public release, we'll publish open source code of SCH-I500 VZW (Fascinate) on website. Please wait until early April. Thank you Sincerely yours." With the many lies Samsung have promised us I dont know if I believe them but at least there not repeating the "In the near future" bull
0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

We are getting a conflicting messages...I was told by Samsung that they release 2.2 to Verizon for OTA and do not have any more control over that version release and that I have to bring this issue to Verizon attention.

0 Likes
Coalcracker
Enthusiast - Level 3
I wouldn't mind protesting in front of the store in perryhall Maryland!!
0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

papa_leo posted:

We are getting a conflicting messages...I was told by Samsung that they release 2.2 to Verizon for OTA and do not have any more control over that version release and that I have to bring this issue to Verizon attention.

I was told by vzw that the hold up is because of Google and samsung. Verizon and samsung are both documented habitual liars! What  goes around comes around!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Dad-Bill wrote:

papa_leo posted:

I was told by vzw that the hold up is because of Google and samsung. Verizon and samsung are both documented habitual liars! What  goes around comes around!

That's what they said about all the carriers that have a Samsung device...  Google has a lot more control than people think.  You should read the ToU that manufacturers have to agree to...  You'd be surprised.  Makes you wonder how "Open Source" Android really is.

0 Likes
Streetdoc740
Enthusiast - Level 3

So VZW blames Samsung......Samsung blames VZW....now you wanna divert it to Google. IDGAF who's holding it up. Verizon promised it. Its in their lap. If they cant deliver then they should be upright and say so.

0 Likes
yoworm

Google is not to blame they released FROYO in March of 2010

0 Likes
tkv55

WANT TO CALL OUT SAMSUNG/VERIZON FOR NOT WHAT THEY SAY THEY WHERE GOING TO DO AND THATS UPDATE ARE FASCINATE CELLPHONE'S IN A TIMELY MANNER????????????:manmad:ITS TIME TO GET THIS DONE ITS WELL OVER DUE!IF YOU WANT US TO KEEP BUYING PHONES???? THAT NOT WILL BE UPDATED YOUR CRAZY LONG LIVE {edited to comply with Terms of Service}

0 Likes