Re: CALLING OUT TO ALL FASCINATE OWNERS WAITING FOR 2.2:
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

Hawk521 wrote:

To be fair, it does take Verizon a bit of time to figure out how to disable some of the standard Froyo features they do not wish for their customers to have.  Perhaps they are stuck on how to prevent Google search from being installed rather than their contracted version of Bing.  They seem to look at every possible app for a revenue stream.  And this only works if they can lock their customers into this situation.

While this sounds absurd - it is certainly in Verizon's wheelhouse!  I owned one of Verizon's Blackberry phones and although it contained a GPS (freely available to customers on all other carriers), Verizon owners could not use it unless they paid the Verizon ransom of $10 per month.  I never did pay it...but I'll never forget the experience either!

vzw has already stated bing will not be forced in froyo

and the gps thing was vzw wide on all phone for a long time.  my omnia was unlocked @ 2 months after i got it

0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

bada bing

0 Likes
tscales

Apparently Target is more knowledgeable.  Took this the other night at their local store.

http://www.scalesfamily.com/F22.jpg

0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

I didn't know that the bluetooth would play in stereo, that is great!

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

I think Samsung really does enjoy torturing Fascinate owners, go to their website for Fascinate Support and you will find the 2.2 update for us is there...NOT.http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SCH-I500RKAVZW

0 Likes
sandystorm

Smokie11 wrote:

I think Samsung really does enjoy torturing Fascinate owners, go to their website for Fascinate Support and you will find the 2.2 update for us is there...NOT.http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SCH-I500RKAVZW

Why are you complaining so much lately on your postings be patient and we will get it and maybe we wont, maybe they can't get it to work on Fascinate to their satisfaction

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

Providing information is complaining?

0 Likes
Re: CALLING OUT TO ALL FASCINATE OWNERS:
southernarcher

I know that you've thought of this, but put this out on Twitter.

0 Likes
Re: CALLING OUT TO ALL FASCINATE OWNERS:
southernarcher

I just sent yet another tweet to @GalaxySsupport . If enough of us do this they must respond. Hey, we can always purchase another handset next time.

0 Likes
Gonzo313
I recieved this response via email from Samsung regarding the 2.2 source code for the fascinate. "Public firmware for froyo update version about SCH- I500 VZW (Fascinate) is not announced yet on the outside. After public release, we'll publish open source code of SCH-I500 VZW (Fascinate) on website. Please wait until early April. Thank you Sincerely yours." With the many lies Samsung have promised us I dont know if I believe them but at least thete not r
0 Likes