CONTINUOUS issues with phone...am on my 3rd one now...
Justaboutdone

My husband and I support the issues listed by other users as well.  We actually made a LIST of issues with our last phone (we were having the same issue after the 2.2 upgrade, even though I had already replaced my phone once, his was still the original from Sept 2010).  

• Dropped calls
  • Calls that never show up as missed calls
  • Calls go straight to voicemail when phone is on and has a signal (according to bars on screen)
  • text messages sent hours/days later, or sometimes never
  • Text messages sent multiple times
  • Text messages received multiple times
  • Random screen capture
  • Camera stopped working during the update (the day before we left on our honeymoon, had to pay for an app for a new one, which verizon later refunded)

Same complaint about customer service/tech support/support in the store...got different answers, acted like we were completely out of our minds having issues, etc.)  So we took a video of my husband's "possessed" phone (screen would go black and then buttons on the bottom would flicker and then die randomly) and showed it to them.  the college kid said (LITERALLY) "WHOA dude...that's unreal"...no dear collegiate future of our world, that is RIDICULOUS, and FRUSTRATING!!

So they sent him a refurbished phone...and then  I got another refurbished phone 5 days ago... and thought this was the end of the issues...

This morning (about 20 min ago) I was texting a friend...my screen begins to fade out with lines all across it!! I was smart enough to go get my camera and take pics as it died... husband got home, took out the battery and reset (AGAIN). Seems to work right now, until the next issue... REALLY??? When can we get a phone that WORKS!!!!?????

0 Likes
Re: CONTINUOUS issues with phone...am on my 3rd one now...
Bubbles423
Enthusiast - Level 2
I'm on my second. First one got fried with the 2.2 update, second is a refurbished and multiple issues worse than ones with the first.
0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Justaboutdone,

I understand your frustration. Please PM me your wireless number and I would be happy to go over your options.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for your contribution to our community forums,

0 Likes
indianafanatic
Enthusiast - Level 3

AyaniB_VZW wrote:

Hi Justaboutdone,

I understand your frustration. Please PM me your wireless number and I would be happy to go over your options.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW,

Is it safe to assume that Verizon is not able to correct the problems experienced by the Fascinate owners voicing their concerns in this forum?  It has been many days since I've seen a Verizon employee make a post about any update, or progress made, on the Samsung "fix" they sent you on June 30th.  The only thing I'm seeing now is a push to get the Fascinates replaced by the Droid X2, Incredible2 or Droid Charge.

Has Verizon given up on trying to fix these problems?  If not, why is Verizon being so quiet and refusing to give any real information to unhappy Fascinate owners about their phones?

0 Likes
randallg

Verizon is discontinuing the Fascinate this Fall...at least that's what a local store rep said.  Therefore, my money is on the fact that Verizon doesn't give a rats **bleep** about doing anything to resolve the technical issues with the UN-Fascinate.  Unfortunately, my contract isn't up until 10/2012...my wife and I will move to AT&T and the iPhone 5 (by that time).  I am absolutely amazed that Verizon would strive for such pathetic customer service.  I am seeing many individuals, including 2 friends of mine, that have had pieces of replacement phones sent to them...just the back panel...no battery, no sim card...Wow!  how ridiculous is that?!  My UN-Fascinate takes at least 4 screen shots each day....I delete my emails and 2 hours later, I get all of them back on the phone...my screen freezes and I have to pull the battery and reset...friends call me and I don't get the calls...I send texts and they apparently don't go to through....What a piece of work this junk is!  I kick myself for not spending the $$ to get the iPhone 4...now I'm stuck with this POS for another 14 months.  I guess a half assed phone is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick....maybe not!

0 Likes