Calendar Storage - Forced Close on sync
Music

I am using Microsoft Outlook as one of my email accounts, and the email part is working fine, but the Calendar Sync doesn't work.  For some reason, I keep getting an error message that keeps stopping the sync and my calendar does not complete updating.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  I have all my google sync information turned off and only have my outlook calendar sync'd to Calendar on phone. I'm having to turn off sync because it will continue to attempt this and eat up my battery power  Please help.

Message:  The application Calendar Storage (process.com.android.calendar) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.  Force Close.

0 Likes
Re: Calendar Storage - Forced Close on sync
moates
Contributor - Level 3

I have provided some information below that may help.

Step 1 – Try completing a soft reset on the device. I have provided the instruction in an article below:

Power off the device and remove the battery.
http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=35281

Step 2 – Try resetting the data on the calendar storage application. I have provided the steps below:

-Select Menu
-Select Settings
-Select Applications
-Select Manage Applications
-Select Calendar Storage
-Select Clear Data (you will get a message stating: All of this application's data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, settings, accounts, databases and so on.)

0 Likes
Music

Thanks for the information. I tried the steps you provided.   I removed the account, cleared the calendar data, and did a soft reset.  Once the phone was powered back on, I added the account again however, my attempts at correction failed.  I still continue to experience the force close with the Calendar.    The same error message appears.  Any other solutions?  Do you think that I have a defective device?

0 Likes
CMerz

I have the exact same problem.  Has there been any resolution with this?

0 Likes
CMerz

I performed the 2nd step as described above - cleared out storage memory - and this appears to have worked.

0 Likes