Re: Call Filter not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rsnc49, we always want to help in any way possible. So we can check on this for your Call Filter, please send us a Private Note. *Jose

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, HelloCanYouHearMe. We know how important it is for the services you pay for to work properly. We are sending a Private Note, to assist you further with your Call Filter Plus feature. *Cassie

0 Likes
Gramymidge
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why after a year hasn't this issue been fixed? I purchased an unlocked Samsung Note 20 and Call Filter app is now unable to connect to the server so it can set up even though when I first purchased the phone it installed and worked. Could be that recent updates caused this issue? It is now a requirement that companies providing cellular service must provide a spam blocking capability. Why does Verizon think it doesn't have to? Come on Verizon get this fixed NOW!!!!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jose, the system will not let me login under the Gramymidge ID. I am unable to answer your question about if I had made any changes to my phone by PM. I am answering you here. I have NOT made any changes to my phone. This is an issue with my Note 20 Ultra 5G not connecting to the server, thus not being able to set up on the phone. Whereas, my husband's Moto Z3 has no problem setting up. This issue is over a year old and all it seems is that Verizon tech is ignoring the issue and instead is assuming the user has arbitrarily made changes to the phone. This is the norm of what I have seen in the past of when a problem cannot be fixed with first contact it is dropped and no further effort is made to fix the issue. Now the Feds have directed that cellular service providers must give customers the ability to block spam and other annoying calls. Verizon is failing in this by not putting forth the effort to fix the Call filter app so that it can access the server when run on the newer Samsung phones.  This is a disappointment as well as a failure to provide a required service to all customers. I'm hoping that one day Verizon will endeavor to remedy this situation but I hope you understand I am not holding my breath waiting.

0 Likes
samirski

Well, whatever Verizon is saying regarding specific programming on their phones is a bunch of cr@p. I've installed Verizon firmware on my unlocked S22 Ultra myself and they are still telling me that this feature can't be enabled because it's not a Verizon phone. When I ask them to define what it means they start explaining all that  about specific software which I have running on my phone. My guess is that when Samsung installs Verizon software, they store that in a database on their end which Verizon uses to claim if it's compatible or not. Like in my case I have the software (which anyone can download and install) but still they are selling me the same bunch of cr@p regarding not being a Verizon phone. I agree, their greed is through the roof.

0 Likes
dj53

I've been paying Verizon, for service, for over 20 years and I can't use a filter because I didn't buy my phone from you?  Time to switch to T-Mobile.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello. Depending on where you purchased your device can impact your ability to use Verizon specific features such as Call Filter. We wouldn't want you to leave our Verizon family. -Joel

0 Likes
jhare1984

I bought Z Flip directly through Verizon at the store from a rep and it says the same thing. And I am constantly getting spam calls. Pls help. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Jhare1984, do currently have an active line with Verizon?  Some carrier features need to have an active account. But there are some market applications that will do the same?

Can you confirm if you do have an active number, and we can do a DM for account and feature review?  

You can review  the call filter details here- https://www.verizon.com/support/how-to-use-call-filter/

- Jose

0 Likes
copasetical
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow. All of these replies make more sense than most are willing to admit. I gave up on Call filter and went to a fantastic program called Should I Answer. It's crowdfunded and configurable. You can even submit your own replies to numbers you know are good or are telemarketers. There's a free version or paid version. They both work about the same but I did the one time lifetime purchase and they haven't bugged me at all since. Customer service is good. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mistergroup.shouldianswer

0 Likes