Call Log
minniem999

I've posted about this before, but it happened again, and this is most annoying.        Once in a while (not consistently at all), I will miss a call.   the caller will leave voicemail.   But there is no record in the Call Log.    Has anyone else seen this?    I don't always listen to my voicemail, but I do check the call log to see wh has called.

0 Likes
Re: Call Log
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

There are three things that could likely cause this.

1. Your phone was turned off when the call came in.

2. Your phone was not receiving service (signal lost) when the call came in.

3. The person went into their voicemail and left you a direct voicemail without calling you.

Any of these things will leave you a voicemail without a missed call being recorded in your call log.

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

To check the call log, you just press the Phone icon and tap the Call log tab (right next to Dialer).

To check missed calls, you press the menu button in the Call log, select View by, then select Missed calls.

0 Likes
minniem999

Ugh, really?      If the phone is off or no signal,  the call doesn't register in the call log?      I had a blackberry storm before, and don't remember having this problem  -- is that the way blackberry works too?

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

Unless the Blackberry phones sync with a server that updates each user's missed calls, I doubt that the Blackberry would be any different.  If you lose signal in the middle of a call that is coming in (even if it's there for a split second), you'll see a log entry for missed calls.  If the call came in after you lost signal, then nothing.  It's all about timing.

But again, people can call into their voicemail and leave you a direct voicemail without actually calling you, and that won't leave a missed call entry on your phone.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, if the phone doesn't ring, you're not going to see anything in the call log.

0 Likes
daisy002

I too have this problem ! I feel one of the features about caller ID is to not answer when you don't want too ! I rarely power off my phone, so that is not the issue with calls not being displayed so I hear your frustration !

0 Likes