Calls going directly to voicemail
HHNYLAND
Enthusiast - Level 2

Out of the blue, today, ALL incoming calls are going to voicemail on my Samsung 7. I don't have Do Not Disturb turned on. Please help! I am expecting some important calls!

Re: Calls going directly to voicemail
HHNYLAND
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, never mind! I found the answer (no help from Verizon).

Go to Advanced Calling under Settings. Turn off HD Voice and Video Call.

Problem solved. Not sure why but it worked.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

A previous post, Calls straight to voicemail, no missed call notification regarding a Samsung S6 having a similar issue found that turning OFF HD voice and video calling helped resolve the issue.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
bearone21
Legend

is sound set to mute??

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly wouldn't want you to miss any calls. I see your most recent post indicates that you solved the issue by turning off HD Voice. Is that solution still working for you? 

RyanM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mshayneturner
Enthusiast - Level 1

Usually, I have to restart my phone to get it to ring, and it doesn't happen every day.  However, I turned off the HD Voice and Video Call setting, just as you said, and BAM, I instantly could dial my number and have it ring.

I can't believe Verizon techs don't know this trick after years of blogs!

Thank you so much!!

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Hmmm I have HD Voice and Video Call setting set to on and I receive phone calls with no problems.

0 Likes
mshayneturner
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called Verizon and explained what I did.  They said it may have worked, but it is really only a temporary solution.  Without that setting turned on, you can't talk on the phone and use internet at the same time.  So, I turned it back on and was still able to ring the phone afterwards without having to restart it.  It may just be a workaround that I will have to use on occasion.  It's a pain to have to do it, but it's easier than restarting.

0 Likes
Tdemartino

I also still have a Samsung S7. My 2nd one. Same habitual problem with both. Have to restart to to get incoming calls. I believe it occurs after using the Google navigation app. I've not been able to solve the problem. 

0 Likes
ATINK
Enthusiast - Level 1

hope that does it

my phone has been doing that a lot lately too

J3 here