Camera icon gone!
beaglepal

How do I get my camera icon to appear again.  It's gone!!

0 Likes
Re: Camera icon gone!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where is it missing? On the lock screen? On the home screen? In the App Drawer?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
beaglepal

It's missing from the home screen.  Not sure what you mean by App Drawer.  This is my husband's phone; I'm an iphone user.  I can't find an icon for the camera anywhere.  Could he have accidently deleted it?  If so, can I get it back for him?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The App drawer is the icon in the bottom of the screen that is a circle with six dots in it.  Press it to open the App drawer.  Scroll left or right to locate the Camera App icon in the App drawer.  Touch and hold (Long press) the icon to drag a copy of the icon to the home screen.  When the icon is in the desired location, release the icon to drop onto the home screen.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
beaglepal

Thanks for the advice.  Looked, but not there.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It has to be there. It is a system app and can't be delete from the OS.

IMG_20120914_220710.jpg

0 Likes
beaglepal

Ann -- thanks for your time.  You were absolutely right.  I discovered it today and have moved it back to the home screen for ease of use.  I found it at the very end of the list of apps because it was "disabled"!  First, I didn't look far enough in the list because I was looking in alpha order.  Second, I don't know how he did it; but my husband disabled it.  All is well now and I'm out of the techie dog house.  <smile>  Thanks!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Disabled? Not something I expected. I'm glad you found it and got it back on the home screen.  I had a thought earlier wondering if it was disabled, but didn't want to suggest it until I knew if the app was in the app drawer or not. Besides disabling the application takes a few more steps then just accidentally deleting the icon.

0 Likes