Can not add Facebook Account - so far after only a few hrs looks like Nexus is a flop
mispk2

I go to Accounts Sync - Add new account - Facebook is on list - I select Facebook and absolutely nothing... no message no account added..

I only activated this phone last night and so far list of problems is getting longer....

Can't sync Facebook with contacts, sound is practically non existent... does it actually have sound?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can not add Facebook Account - so far after only a few hrs looks like Nexus is a flop
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here is the right link.

http://m.androidcentral.com/google-removing-facebook-contact-syncing-nexus-s

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can not add Facebook Account - so far after only a few hrs looks like Nexus is a flop
weverette
Enthusiast - Level 2

its the facebook app. not your nexus.

0 Likes
Bryan_Kinsey

I had the same issue. I had to add the account through the facebook app, even though gmail and linkedin could be added through Accounts Sync.

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

When I first got my Galaxy Nexus, I couldn't do anything with facebook at all, I had to download facebook from the app market. Now it lets me sync facebook. In the contacts section, there isn't any syncing via facebook. It's heavily biased toward Google +. I have to download Hax Sync to get contact info from facebook to show up in my contact list I have 180 friends on facebook and 44 on G+. I've read that the next software update will have better contact's syncing. I'm a little surprised that such a feature packed phone would basically shut facebook out. I wasn't aware of that when I bought the phone, had I know I probably would've opted for the Razr.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Facebook contact sync was removed by Google because the API wasn't playing nice.

www.androidcentral.com/google-removing-facebook-contact-syncing-nexus-

HTC and Motorola and the other OEM can re-enable the feature in their devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here is the right link.

http://m.androidcentral.com/google-removing-facebook-contact-syncing-nexus-s

0 Likes