Can't connect the phone to my computer.
PrinnyWesker

I connect the phone to my laptop and I set it up as a mass storage device exactly how I used to but now I get a "Device not recognized" message on my computer. I've literally scoured over every page that google suggests to me and not a single thing I've found in any of the forum posts or help pages has fixed the issue. I've tried reseating the SD card, I've tried removing the battery, I've reinstalled the drivers, I've checked for updates, I've enabled and disabled USB debugging mode, I bought a new USB cable, nothing seems to work.

If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it. I'm frustrated beyond belief at this point and am worried that I'm going to have to buy a new phone and lose all of my data.

0 Likes
Re: Can't connect the phone to my computer.
Not applicable

PrinnyWesker, it sounds like you have done quite a bit of troubleshooting already for this issue I regret that it has not resolved your issue. When you connect the phone to the computer, do you show any icons on the phone that indicate it is connected to the computer? Slide down your notification panel when connected to the computer & select USB connected, choose Mount. 

If still having issues, verify you are installing the correct drivers from Samsung's website. Go here, then click software. Another option you can try is to download V Cast Media Manager to your computer. 

0 Likes