Can't get picture messages when data turned off
owhatathrill

If these are separate in the billing, why does my data have to be turned on to get a picture someone sends me in a text message. And any way to get the photo to come in when I turn on the data? I have to turn my data on and then have the other person resend the picture. Frustrating when I don't want to keep my data on 24/7. Any help on explaining appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't get picture messages when data turned off
Wildman
Legend

This is how MMS messages alway worked because a SMS only transmit enough data to require a single burst and this is why it is called a Short Message Service (SMS) but a Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) requires a more consistant data connection that can not be sent in one single burst and this is why a web data connection is required.....

But the information about data being always connection isnt corret because the connection is only made when data is required.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

its a smartphone

it needs data

the pic travels the data stream but is charged as a text message

you want the pic, leave the data on

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

This is how MMS messages alway worked because a SMS only transmit enough data to require a single burst and this is why it is called a Short Message Service (SMS) but a Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) requires a more consistant data connection that can not be sent in one single burst and this is why a web data connection is required.....

But the information about data being always connection isnt corret because the connection is only made when data is required.

0 Likes