Can't receive MMS from iPhones
bennettdang

Hello Folks,

Just picked up the Fascinate 3 days ago. LOVING it so far.

That being said, I am having an issue whereby I cannot receive MMS messages sent from iPhone users. I've tried with 3 different iPhones with no luck. I've also tried a couple of other devices (LG Titanium and Blackberry Storm) and am able to receive MMS from these phones, so I think the issue may be limited to iPhones.

Has anyone else experienced something similar to this?

Thanks in advance for your input!

- DB

0 Likes
Re: Can't receive MMS from iPhones
moates
Contributor - Level 3

I have provided some information below that may help with receiving a MMS message.

The Samsung Fascinate supports the following file types and formats.

Pictures

PNG, GIF, A-GIF, WBMP and BMP
Formats

Video

H.263, H.264, MPEG4, 3GP,
3G2 (v9), Xvid and DivX formats

Music

WAV, MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB,
AMR-WB, WMA (v9/10), EVRC, QCELP, MIDI, and SP-MIDI formats

In order to receive a MMS message, the message containing a picture, video, or sound must be one of the supported file formats above. The MMS message also has to be within a required size format. I have provided the size requirements below:

Ensuring picture / video message does not exceed file size limit

Devices with a .3 megapixel camera can send / receive a maximum file size of 100 KB.

Devices with a 1.2 - 2 megapixel camera can send / receive a maximum file size of 350 KB.

Devices with a 3.0+ megapixel camera can send / receive a maximum file size of 500 KB.

Lowering the camera resolution will reduce the image file size.

The maximum file size that can be sent from an email to a device is 3 MB. When any message over 350 KB is sent to the device, the file is reduced in size to be under 350 KB prior to delivery. If a device sends a 500 KB file to a device with a lower file size limit the file will be reduced to a file size acceptable by the receiving device.

Many devices are capable of sending messages that exceed intercarrier file size limits (typically 300 - 600 KB).A message that exceeds the other carrier's limits will be rejected and not reach the intended recipient.

***The issue you are experiencing may have to do with file formats, or file sizes that are being sent to the device. Try having the user send another MMS of the supported file (types listed above) and decreasing the size of the file to meet the ranges (listed above). I may also advise the user to send a MMS message to another VZW subscriber (if possible). This will help determine whether or not it is a file/size issue, or a carrier issue. 

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
o4liberty
I had this issue with several smart phones not getting mom's from IPhones. It has to do with a third party message company that sends the messages between carriers. I contacted verizon and my friend with the IPhone contacted Art and it ended up being on his end with no fix. I also have issues with phone calls from him. Long story short he is now a Verizon customer and couldn't be happier!
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Interesting... the few times I lurked on the AT&T wireless community, I noticed that there quite a few iphone owners that can't receive mms messages from verizon customers. Maybe it is the iphone fault.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes