Can't use my phone for calls, stuck in airplane mode
amc1487

I had my phone charged over nite and when I went to check it in the morning.  It is stuck on airplane mode and I can't get out of it although I go into setting and unck it.  I can't make calls either.  This is a replacement phone just a week or so ago and all was well until this happen.  How do I reset it.  I lost my wall paper and the time and date is wrong as well. It is running really slow too.

0 Likes
Re: Can't use my phone for calls, stuck in airplane mode
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

I have a similar problem sometimes when I turn my phone off then back on, you could try this, it works for me. Turn the phone off, remove the battery, wait 15 seconds then put the battery back in and restart the phone. I can't say it will solve your problem but it is a good place to start.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

I concur with the previous suggestion, you would be surprised how often problems can be fixed quite easily by removing the battery from your phone for a short period of time. Think of it as rebootin a computer.

0 Likes
amc1487

The first phone died at 3 months (the display died and it went black).  I got the replacement about a week ago and it seemed to work even better til this happened while charging over nite.  I did put the battery in and out a few times and it did not change.  I also did a reboot/reset and no change as well except that all my data (settings) were lost.  I went to the Verizon store and they couldn't reset it either and a replacement (the 2nd one) will be shipped. 

Very frustrating. 

0 Likes
NicoleMarie23

I have a Droid. My phone is doing the same thing-- constantly stuck in Airplane Mode and I can't make any calls. If I make an attempt at a call (unsuccessful, of course), I can't "hang up"...My phone just gets stuck. I've restarted, taken my battery out and performed a factory reset. Nothing is helping. I'll be visiting Verizon in the morning.

0 Likes